can I navigate from summary report in tab to details tab? (1 Viewer)

darren_access

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:08
I have a set of 3 Tabs: first is PO entry form. 2nd is the summary list of sales orders against PO. 3rd Tab for the moment is a detailed report of all PO's and related sales orders.

what i'd like to do is allow user to click a PO# in the 2nd Tab (summary report) which opens the 3rd tab (detail report) filtering on the chosen PO and related sales orders. The detail report will always default to ALL PO's if no PO is passed.

Is this possible and how?

Many thanks

I'm brand new to working with Tabs but really like the cleaner look.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:08
This is the same concept as cascading combos. Each subform should use a query as its RecordSource. That query will have a where clause that references the controlling form.

Where PO = Forms!mainform!Firstsubformcontrolname.Form!PO

Then in the currrent event of the "controlling" form, requery the subform.

Forms!mainform!Secondsubformcontrolname.Form.Requery

PS - you CANNOT use a navigation form this way because only one subform is ever loaded at one time. The technique will be slightly different.

darren_access

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:08
Thanks Pat. Is it possible for the details report to default to all PO's when user clicks that tab without coming from the summary tab? Or am I stretching the limits of access tabs?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:08
That doesn't make sense. Once one subform is dependent on the other, people will expect formA to control the contents of formB and having them independent sometimes but not all the time is a poor design decision and simply doesn't make sense for a relational database. So, before you try to implement this (you will be able to) reconsider your design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom