Welcome pbaldy as a new moderator! (1 Viewer)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:50
I appreciate the thoughts, and it is certainly difficult to give advice when you have no idea what their likes and dislikes are.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:50
If you like drunken violence and endless traffic congestion then you might like Byron Bay.:rolleyes:

What do you and your wife like?

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
It does depend on what you and your wife like. Probably more on what your wife likes. :D

If I was to pick one day I would say Sydney and this is how I would do it.

Assume a Saturday run…
Do not drive and try to park somewhere, plan on walking from your home base.

Home base is Circular Quay which is very close to the eastern side of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The general area is called ‘The Rocks’ and there is plenty to see.

When you think you have had enough of that, stroll around to the Opera House.
The Opera House may have a performance going on in what they once called the Music Room. The performance may be a tenor or the Salvation Army Brass Band, check before going in.

When done with that, backtrack to the Manly ferry at Circular Quay. Do not take the hydrofoil, take an older slower ferry. Trip is approximately 30 minutes. This is the way to see Sydney harbour.

At Manly, walk through what is called “The Corso” to Manly beach. When you get to Manly beach turn right and go south along the seafront walkway. At the end of that walkway you should be at Shelly Beach.

When done with that, backtrack to the Manly ferry and turn west. On Commonwealth Parade find a restaurant called the Manly Pier Restaurant.

Now this is important; you dine outside facing the ferry terminal (east) and you get there no more or less than 30 minutes before sundown. There is a reason for this. Basically you are both knackered from walking all day and you just want to sit down. Where you are sitting, in this restaurant, at this time of day, looking at the gliding ferries come and go like ghosts in the twilight. It is one of the most relaxing pastimes I know.

You order grilled Flounder, with roe, in a lemon butter sauce.
Nothing else is to be on the plate.
A side salad is required.
A side dish of chips is required.
An empty bowl for bones is required.
Preferred drink is Champagne.

So you depart the restaurant and walk back to the ferry which takes you back to Circular Quay. On the way, you see Sydney by night.

It has been a long day but the night is not over yet. ;)

Chris.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Where do I sign?

Last edited:

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:50
Great Choice Jon! WTG Paul, I am sure that you will be a good asset.

-- Rookie

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 18:50
Congrats Paul! How does it feel to be a bigwig? :)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:50
Thanks Rookie and Cindy. It feels great to be a bigwig! Don't tell anybody, but Jon doubled my AWF salary! :p

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 19:50
Paul,
Bring me back one of those Giant Crayfish..
congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom