Looking for an employee scheduling solution (1 Viewer)

XV1957

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:39
Hello experts,
I am looking for a personnel and shift scheduling application for a fast food/caterer restaurant concept. Currently 2 locations in one city, but expanding to different cities in near future, to different countries later.
The idea would be to link a solution to an ERP system which I wrote.
If anybody has a good solution please contact me.
Thanks in advance

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:39
You need to define what you mean by a good solution.

Or are you asking someone to write a solution for you or suggest an off the shelf solution that might meet your needs?

If the latter there are plenty of web based solutions out there with varying cost structures.

XV1957

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:39
Hi CJ_London,
we are really starting on this and so I would not exclude any possibility.
The key really is future growth possibilities.
Even though right now the company is small, there is definitely a plan to roll out the company throughout various key European countries. The origin will be Belgium.
We are certainly interested in off the shelf solutions, provided that:
- support is flexible, professional, quick and affordable
- the off the shelf solution is part of an ERP solution designed for restaurant and catering business or can pass its result easily in a standardized format to whatever ERP we will choose.
- it follows the developments of technology, and integrates the lastest means communications like tablets and smartphones.
We are also interested in open source solutions or similar where source code can be made available.
My preference is for a solution to be serviced and maintained by some local, meaning Belgian, partner, and integrated into an ERP type solution that deals with all aspects of the business. Personnel scheduling is a difficult and tedious job, but so is purchasing, and sales analysis.
Considering the vast offer of solutions in the market, it would not be wise to have anything written from scratch.
Realize this is pretty vague, but we are just at the starting point of this process and need to start somewhere.
Hope this clarifies the issue a little more.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:39
Hi XV,

I worked with a client to help determine their scheduling needs (not just employees but also contracted in staff, maintenance, facilities and other resources) and was then commissioned to develop a bespoke solution to meet their specific requirements so I regret cannot recommend any off the shelf solutions as such, just aware they exist.

Suggest you talk to your ERP provider when chosen or as part of your decision making process, I would think they will be aware of solutions that already integrate with their existing offering if they don't do it themselves.

With regards Access, it is a Microsoft product so only works in the windows environment although you can use virtual drives to install on Apple devices. But you can still integrate inputs/outputs such as email, SMS etc for communication purposes with hand held devices used by people in the field.

There may be others on this forum who have direct experience who can respond to this thread. Also take a look in the code repository and sample databases part of this forum, there may be something there.

Good luck with your project

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom