A textbook definition of cowardice (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 12:38
Whilst U571 was a distortion of history I am unsure as to whether Saving Private Ryan was to be the definitive story of the European land war.

All countries distort history, ask any Englishman who won the battle of Waterloo, but would he without the arrival of Blutcher's Prussians?

I just find it puzzling that the people on this forum, whom I assume to be intelligent, make the wildly exagerated claims that they do, especially the " you would all be speaking German if it wasn't for us", as if they rode to our rescue on their white stallions instead of having been forced into the war.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
I just find it puzzling that the people on this forum, whom I assume to be intelligent, make the wildly exagerated claims that they do, especially the " you would all be speaking German if it wasn't for us", as if they rode to our rescue on their white stallions instead of having been forced into the war.
Thats what the Americans always think. They're here to save the world - not too sure when they'll start though, maybe when they can't screw it up any more.:rolleyes: ;)

GWL - the Roman occupation of Britain lasted nearly 400 years but we're not speaking Italian:rolleyes: why would we be speaking German if not for the USA?

Col

msp

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Thats what the Americans always think. They're here to save the world - not too sure when they'll start though, maybe when they can't screw it up any more.:rolleyes: ;)

GWL - the Roman occupation of Britain lasted nearly 400 years but we're not speaking Italian:rolleyes: why would we be speaking German if not for the USA?

Col

Nor do we speak French dispite 1066.. - Although I understand all laws in England are retified in French.

R

Rich

msp said:
Nor do we speak French dispite 1066.. - Although I understand all laws in England are retified in French.

It could also be argued that our language is Germanic in origin anyway:eek:

msp

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
It could also be argued that our language is Germanic in origin anyway:eek:
Beware of the Hun in the Sun..

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:

Hey! I hope you're not lumping me in there with that group. :mad:

I've always acknowledged the possibility that you could have been speaking Russian instead :eek: :p

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 08:38
dan-cat said:

I've always acknowledged the possibility that you could have been speaking Russian instead :eek: :p

ROTFLMAO

Oh my goodness. That's why they resent us so much. The truth stinks.

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 23:08
ColinEssex said:
the Roman occupation of Britain lasted nearly 400 years but we're not speaking Italian:rolleyes:
Well the Romans of the time spoke Latin... isn't it still being taught in school there? :p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Adeptus said:
Well the Romans of the time spoke Latin...
I'm aware of that, but I amended it so the Yanks could understand it.
They have enough trouble with English, so bringing Latin into it would cause unknown confusion.:rolleyes: There's no point in making things too complicated.;)

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:

Unlike Rich who appeared to take offence at this and Jsanders, whom I do include, who tried to milk it, it gave me a quiet chuckle, I think a bit of friendly banter is good , even when /if I lose.

Brian

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Unlike Rich who appeared to take offence at this and Jsanders, whom I do include, who tried to milk it, it gave me a quiet chuckle, I think a bit of friendly banter is good , even when /if I lose.

Brian

I'm glad you took it the right way Bri :)

statsman

Local time
Today, 08:38
Matty said:
He was really good because he was murdered?

Actually it was Harry Truman who started the whole Indo-China mess.
He was talked into supplying arms, uniforms, aircraft and the transport ships that allowed the French to return to Vietnam after WW2.

He was never shown a document written by FDR to the extent that the French were 2nd raters and deserved to lose their empire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom