A Democratic Mandate? (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Yesterday, 20:27
Well the Demos have wrestled quite a bit of control from the Repubs.

Now that the Repub mandate is clearly broken, and it is clear that this election was about cleaning house, not fresh new ideas or direction from the Demos.

The Demos need to reframe the national debate, and create a new platform as well.

Yesterday I was talking to a Repub in the cigar store, I made a comment about the fisheries being overtaxed and that we are facing imminent danger of a collapse in the world’s supply of fish. His comment was that it was a scare tactic from the liberals and brought up global warning.

How did the Demos let the Repubs make conservation a political issue? We must get rid of that irrational stigma “liberal” it is used like a dirty word to describe anyone who would dare to question Bush or his spend us into oblivion policies.

Now is the time to stop attacking the Repubs and start thinking about where we are going to take the country.

What a shame it would be, to kick out the criminals and replace them with idiots.

KenHigg

Local time
Blah blah blah... Repubs, Dems.... Who really cares....

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
Who really cares....
The 75,000 innocent dead souls since Bush came to power:rolleyes:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
The 75,000 innocent dead souls since Bush came to power:rolleyes:

Actually I suspect it would be their families.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Actually I suspect it would be their families.
Ah I see, so you no longer believe that the soul lingers on for eternity:eek: :rolleyes:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Ah I see, so you no longer believe that the soul lingers on for eternity:eek: :rolleyes:

The point is we need to look forward to some solutions, not continue on with business as usual.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 02:27
jsanders said:
The Demos need to reframe the national debate, and create a new platform as well.

Is there any site where free demo's can be downloaded ?:confused:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 01:27
Rich said:

Religious families would believe that their loved one's souls had gone to a better life and (the soul) would thus have reason to complain, only the people left behind feel sorrow at the loss.

Brian

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:27
jsanders said:
The point is we need to look forward to some solutions, not continue on with business as usual.
Same exact thing back when Clinton was a lame duck and the republicans took over. Remember all the NEW faces that were going to change everything?
Seems to me that once the new ones get in, they get quickly beaten down by the old ones, and nothing really changes.
I think we need to get rid of the Stright Ticket for voting so we can get something beside repubs or demos in there, shake things up a little.
But one thing you also fail to understand, that those in the house and Senate, are suppose to be more concerned with their local issues than the nation as a whole. After all, that is where their votes come from.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:27
jsanders said:
How did the Demos let the Repubs make conservation a political issue? We must get rid of that irrational stigma “liberal” it is used like a dirty word to describe anyone who would dare to question Bush or his spend us into oblivion policies.
The demos did it themselves. By causing big layoffs and job cutbacks in the guise of conservation.
So the repubs took it to the extrem the other way. Create more jobs, but the environment pays some what. I don't think any where near as bad as the libs make it out how ever.
Remember the guy (going on memory here) in california who could not farm his land because some rat lived there? (ok I am making that sound a tad more harsh, but not much if memory serves). So it seems like we are either extrem left, right and no one seems to figure out a way to center that whole issue. Both parties are as guilty as the other.
Oh! And of course you stinking liberals would like to get rid of that stigma :D :D :D

statsman

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Religious families would believe that their loved one's souls had gone to a better life and (the soul) would thus have reason to complain, only the people left behind feel sorrow at the loss.

Brian

Without trying to insult anyones beliefs or to denegrate those who have died, I think the point is that persons who have died have severly reduced abilities to influence politics.
Except in certain counties in Texas where a suprizing number of dead people manage to vote.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
statsman said:
Without trying to insult anyones beliefs or to denegrate those who have died, I think the point is that persons who have died have severly reduced abilities to influence politics.
Except in certain counties in Texas where a suprizing number of dead people manage to vote.

Never underestimate those Texans. They were the group most responsible for the fall of the Nazis and the Nipponese.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
They were the group most responsible for the fall of the Nazis and the Nipponese.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:27
Personally, I think the Democrats' mission at the moment is less a matter of policy changes and more a matter of fixing the huge political schism the Republicans have created. Yes, the Dems have done their share to contribute to political polarizing, but Bush's administration - and the Republican party by extention - have based nearly their entire strategy on increasingly polarizing the voters and it's hurting the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom