Removing multiple duplicates from a worksheet. (1 Viewer)

odin1701

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:14
Well you do know... Filter everything > 1 and exactly that is what is filtered.

But I do understand where you are comming from tho... A lot of times if you count on default or "self thinking" software... eventually it will come around and bite you somewhere painfull.

This tho I have been using for atleast 8 years without fail... But it is your project after all.... and (again) I do know where you are comming from :mad: bloody self thinking *freaking me out* darnation software!

Yeah it's just that this particular sheet is extremely important and if something was removed that shouldn't be it can be a HUGE issue - we're talking compliance with federal laws and stuff so yeah I'm being a bit over paranoid with this project.

Thanks for the help - it's working now. And in a way that I can manually verify the data to insure integrity so that I know the program can't be doing something I don't want it to.

What I had it do was loop through the results and for every value > 1 I had it put "DELETE" in that cell. Then looped through after that and removed the rows that had "DELETE".

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:14
What I had it do was loop through the results and for every value > 1 I had it put "DELETE" in that cell. Then looped through after that and removed the rows that had "DELETE".
As long as you feel your solution is good (enough)/better or compliant in the laws and regulations you have to live with... that is good enough for me !

Glad you got your issue resolved and HTH as allways ! :cool:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 23:14
I prefer a manual method.
Smash the chips, get out the quill pens.

But I do understand where you are comming from tho... A lot of times if you count on default or "self thinking" software... eventually it will come around and bite you somewhere painfull.
But you are happy with Countif , Delete, and all the other functions!!

Yeah it's just that this particular sheet is extremely important and if something was removed that shouldn't be it can be a HUGE issue - we're talking compliance with federal laws and stuff so yeah I'm being a bit over paranoid with this project.

I would have thought that the legal eagles trusted propriety code more than home grown

Brian

Gilchrist

Local time
Today, 15:14
Well....I did a search for an account number - it only found 2 of them.

This is the code I have in the remove duplicate files corresponding cells to the left of these duplicate account numbers:

=COUNTIF($B$8:$B$1898, B46)

and

=COUNTIF($B$8:$B$1898, B47)

Both A46 and A47 have a value of "2" in them.

I am so confused!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom