E-cigarettes (2 Viewers)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 03:22
Now eCigs are under review for increasing youth smoking (vaping). Big turn of events.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:22
The most recent stuff I have seen reveals that vaping can damage your lungs to the point of "transplant or die" due to some of the other chemicals that are released when the vapors get hot. Not all flavors do it, but a LOT of the specialty flavors are really dangerous.

U.S. Government - Center for Disease Control:

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html

Harvard Univ.:
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...-lungs-what-we-do-and-dont-know-2019090417734

American Lung Assoc:
https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/impact-of-e-cigarettes-on-lung.html

Healthline:
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/lung-vaping-disease-now-called-evali

U.S. Government Food and Drug Administration:
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/lung-illnesses-associated-use-vaping-products

Harrybrigham

Local time
Today, 09:22
I had four children. My youngest son died at the age of 33. My eldest daughter died at the age of 60. I have a son aged 65, and a daughter aged 60. The ones who died did so from smoking related disease. The ones that are alive still smoke. My youngest daughter has severe rheumatoid arthritis.
It is well known that RA is exacerbated by smoking, and the latest research indicates, it probably causes it. My eldest son seems to be immune from chest problems. I tried to stop them smoking when they were young, all to no avail. I tried it when I was young and didn't like it so have never smoked.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:22
I'm very sorry to hear of your losses. I personally appreciate you waking this thread up, it's well deserved. I can attest to the fact that even vaping can become a terribly difficult and life altering habit and should be avoided at all costs. Use it ONLY temporarily to stop smoking if you must.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
What are your thoughts about vapor exhibition? In general, this is one factor why there is a surge as to number of vapor users.

Harrybrigham

Local time
Today, 09:22
It depends what the ingredients are, but some vapers are experiencing lung problems often serious ones. Vapers seem to have much more smoke than ordinary cigarettes, and this can't be good, I would think.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
What are your thoughts about vapor exhibition? In general, this is one factor why there is a surge as to number of vapor users.

All I could do was shake my head in disbelief. Of course, I don't keep up (make no attempt) with what the younger folks are up to these days, and had no idea that such a ridiculous competition existed. That's incredibly stupid. Just when you think America can't get any dumber than 24/7 solid Tik-Tok and video games.

wvmitchell

Local time
I've been vaping for 6 years, after previously smoking for 50 years (really). In the states, possibly elsewhere, the postal service / UPS / FedEx will no longer ship vaping products due to a rule buried in the covid bill from December. Bummer.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I've been vaping for 6 years, after previously smoking for 50 years (really). In the states, possibly elsewhere, the postal service / UPS / FedEx will no longer ship vaping products due to a rule buried in the covid bill from December. Bummer.
Wow! Really? I got Vuse shipments as recently as 6 mo. ago. So basically their online business is gone?

wvmitchell

Local time
Yeah, they're saying that they can't ship the product after March 28. I had started shopping online bc my local store kept running out of my coils, then when the pandemic hit I simply continued online. But now I've moved to a different state, so I need to find a local merchant.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yeah, they're saying that they can't ship the product after March 28. I had started shopping online bc my local store kept running out of my coils, then when the pandemic hit I simply continued online. But now I've moved to a different state, so I need to find a local merchant.
It's interesting how over the years, societal health viewpoints and increasing regulatory scrutiny have both eliminated and created old/new major markets. Cigarettes-to-vaping. Next it sounds like it will be vaping-to-packs/lozenges. I'm not sure if the health kicks will eventually eliminate nicotine. Pretty soon we'll be thankful if we're just still allowed to drink coffee!

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:22
The batteries have issues and they seem to be unpredictable as to when they might go bang!
The batteries are no different than the ones used in a multitude of rechargeable devices. The problem, I think, is if the lithium-ion get exposed to air it burns.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
All I could do was shake my head in disbelief. Of course, I don't keep up (make no attempt) with what the younger folks are up to these days, and had no idea that such a ridiculous competition existed. That's incredibly stupid. Just when you think America can't get any dumber than 24/7 solid Tik-Tok and video games.
Also, what's surprising is there are marketing channels that are promoting vape shop online. As for them, vaping industry is booming and demand is not likely to die away soon.

KerryBolt192

Local time
Today, 11:22
As far as I know, these vapes are very dangerous.
There are, of course, pluses in terms of the fact that there is no tar in them. And the research on e-cigarettes is very mixed. Some people think they are even more dangerous to health than regular cigarettes.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
As far as I know, these vapes are very dangerous.
There are, of course, pluses in terms of the fact that there is no tar in them. And the research on e-cigarettes is very mixed. Some people think they are even more dangerous to health than regular cigarettes.
I absolutely agree. I read an article saying that these vapes are faster to clog the blood veins than regular cigars. So it is so damn true that too much technology - instant things would really kill us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom