many images (1 Viewer)

norm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:00
Hey everyone. I've moved industries but am thankful to work on a new db project.

I'm looking to take about 500 pictures and display them in a report with some associated info/comments. Working with attachments, i already have an idea going... forms, tables, reports etc. But i'm now wondering if there are pitfalls you guys can warn me of.

mainly it's size. even at 2-3 mb /image that's still a lot to work with. would it be better to save all the images in a public place or relative place and use paths, http or local?

it's not an enterprise implementation. it just beats the heck out of paying someone to try to format 500 images in a word document. or 100 documents.

thanks for any thoughts or suggestions. and by the way i'm not looking for how to do it. just some pointers, topics and key words to research would be helpful.

thanks,
norm

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:00
Embedding files in db uses up Access 2GB file size limit. If your db will not grow much, 500 2-3mb images in attachment field might not be so bad. However, loading them into the table manually can be tedious. VBA can automate this. The quickest fix is probably to leave them external and use Image control to view them dynamically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom