Export Report Into Individual PDF's based on field (1 Viewer)

Gouda42

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:33
I have a report linked to multiple tables that list an account and different wiring instructions. Each report is one page long and is manipulated with the legal entity(name of account) and each report is filled out accordingly. My problem is i need to export the report and I can either export the whole thing into one large PDF and cut it up and rename or export indidvudially. but as most know that takes too much time seeing that there are hundreds of acoount. I know there is a macro or some sort of VBA that you can write to loop it and export them individually and name them based on a field.

My problem is i dont know VBA that well and could use any help i can get.
Report is just called, Report1
the text box each report is based on is called, Legal Entity
The primary key is, Fund Number.

If theres any more information needed let me know.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. This can be done a few ways. One possible approach is to use a parameter query as the record source for the report, so each time you run the report, it will only contain one fund number. You can then export the report to PDF each time you run it. You can use VBA code to loop through your table, so you could run the report, export to PDF, and send an email for each fund number.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:33
I answered a similar question recently and recorded my notes about it on my website here:-

Generate Multiple Reports ....

There's also a sample database which you can download for free if you subscribe to my newsletter. This answer was to a specific question and it might be difficult to adapt to your particular requirements. However if you need help I'll be only too pleased to advise.

Gouda42

Registered User.
Local time
so the first thing i would say, is that i dont know anything about VBA and very little about access. I just know the basics, tables, forms and reports.

So i probably need a more visual guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom