Another newbie from West of England (1 Viewer)

ARMAsoft

Local time
Today, 15:10
Hi,

My name is Jon and I have worked in IT since 1979.

I have worked with several packages over the years, but my main skills are with the Alpha5/Alpha Anywhere RAD package.

In my opinion Alpha have priced themselves out of the small user market with their subscription only model (you even have to have a valid subscription for runtime packages to function) so the time has come to transfer our existing code to a new platform.

As we're only building for the desktop Access seems to be the ideal tool - relatively inexpensive and with a large user base.

I'm starting small, building a replacement app for our CRM (more like customer tracking & invoicing - nothing fancy) and once that's behaving will start on the enormous project of a complete rewrite of our main apps.

You may see several shouts for help early on, but be assured I can write a good search phrase, so will always look for previous solutions posted before I start a new thread.

BTW, found this forum looking for help created a self-referencing table relationship and found it's managed in almost exactly the same way as Alpha.

Regards & Best Wishes.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:10
Hi Jon & welcome to AWF.

Glad its still sunny in Gloucs. Weather's certainly changed here in Somerset

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Welcome Jon,

Ditto in Wiltshire - Grey and Wet - Back to normal for February.
Seems weird that I had the roof down in the toy car for the first 3 days of this week!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:10
Welcome, Jon.

I'm CONSIDERABLY west of England. We are going through our "roll the dice" weather season here in New Orleans. The weather isn't balmy but the people might be. But then again, it is Mardi Gras season so strange behavior just sort of fades into the background.

Our weather is undergoing humidity and temperature shifts like crazy. One day will be wet and warm but two days later, cold and dry. Then next week, just to mix things up, we get cold and wet or warm and dry. The weather gods are playing at dice right now.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Its a by-product of the Frohn effect which has migrated to areas such as New Orleans populated by climate change sceptics such as yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom