My last login was in 2002 lol (1 Viewer)

norm

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:28
its been a long time. i'm glad to see the site is doing well and is alive.

i no longer write software for a living but recently found a reason to get back into access. though i knew access 98 and 2000 inside and out, access from office 365 seems very different. though to be fair maybe its me.

I'm still kinda bummed i threw out my old access 98 book. i spent more time reading through that thing. Are there any books today you would recommend for access 365?

Its probably just me but things don't seem as intuitive as they once were but i'm hoping its just a matter of reading the right book.

thanks!
dave

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:28
Glad to have you back, Norm, but can't answer about an Office 365 book. I retired before the place I worked went that way.

norm

Registered User.
Local time
good for you doc man :) no need to show off hahhahaha

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Hi Norm.
Welcome back.
There are several Access ( youtube and other) videos online.
You may find this series by Steve Bishop useful. I don't think the differences between 2013 and O365 are so different.

norm

Registered User.
Local time
thanks jdraw. was hoping for more a reference book but i'll check out the videos and appreciate the feedback.

it's also good to hear 13 and 365 are not so different. does that mean a book on 13 would be helpful with 365? It's difficult to even figure out where the version differ now. i've seen a lot about 2016? i assumed 365 was different than all significantly....

ARMAsoft

Local time
Yesterday, 20:28
Norm,

I'm also recently returned to the Access stable, although I never really got started in the early noughties.

I picked up the 'Access 2019 Bible' published by Wiley, authored by Michael Alexander & Dick Kusleika. It seems to cover everything fom the basics up to advanced VBA programming.

KIV with Office 365 Microsoft will upgrade your software levels at their discretion, so you may be stuck on Access 2016 or already on 2019.

Jon.

norm

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the info. It's helpful. I'll probably pick up that book.

pardon the question but, what is KIV with Office 365 Microsoft?

naughty nineties. ha! they were wigity wigity wack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom