"Close without Saving" Continuous Form (1 Viewer)

mbpaul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:42
Hi all,

I have just started designing a new access database after a number of years away from it. I was far from an expert previously and now add being very rusty to that... it's been interesting.

Anyway, I have what I hope to be a simple question. I currently have a continuous form (attached picture) for data entry that I would like the user to be able to exit out of and clear any records they may have entered in the form ("Close without Saving").

I was wondering if there is a simple way to do this in Access or if I should just skip trying. Realistically the delete record button works just fine, and the chances of running into a situation that we would need to "Close without Saving" is pretty unlikely so it's definitely a 'nice to have' and not a necessity.

Thank You
Mike

Attachments

• Weld Entry Form.png
    Weld Entry Form.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 42

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. A continuous view form can display multiple records, but as soon as each record is entered, it's already saved to the table. So, if you're saying the user could enter more than one record on the form but then give the option to close the form without saving any of them, then it becomes a process of deleting the already saved records, rather than preventing them from being saved. Hope it makes sense...

mbpaul

Registered User.
Local time
Great thank you, makes perfect sense. I figured that was probably going to be the answer, but I figured I'd ask in-case there was some nifty query and delete option I didn't know about. Like I said, nice to have but not necessary.

Thanks
Mike

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Mike. Almost anything can be achieved using VBA; but in your case, it may not be worth the effort. It’s probably easier to let the records get saved and just delete them again. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom