Go Back   Access World Forums > Apps and Windows > SQL Server

Old 03-05-2018, 01:24 AM   #16
Minty
AWF VIP

Thanked 1,495 Times in 1,467 Posts
Minty has a spectacular aura about Minty has a spectacular aura about Minty has a spectacular aura about
Re: Pass Through Query

SQL Views can be updateable, depending on how they are set up. I would look there to start with.

If you open the view in SSMS does it also lock the tables? If so then that's your problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:34 AM   #17
NotAnExpert
Newly Registered User

NotAnExpert is on a distinguished road

Hi Minty, can you explain what you mean by this please? I assume you mean opening the view from the SQL Studio Management screen and seeing if that alone causes the hang up?
NotAnExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:00 AM   #18
Minty
AWF VIP

Thanked 1,495 Times in 1,467 Posts
Minty has a spectacular aura about Minty has a spectacular aura about Minty has a spectacular aura about

Yes - that was the jist of it.
If the view is editable then I would think it might cause a record lock, but I don't know why.

Normally in SQL server it takes considerable "talent" to lock up an entire table, in fact I'm not sure, short of applying a table design change, how you would achieve that by just querying the data.

It might be some devious / badly designed/ in-built behaviour of the Sage system?

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: