Orlando Shootings (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 18:43
I have tried to stay away from this thread as over time it has become clear that the arguments of the anti gun control crowd have become ridiculous, even by obviously otherwise intelligent people.
will somebody please show me the definition where control = ban.

Brian

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 11:43
When you get down to it. Those who are politically inside the pro-control movement may themselves desire to illegally acquire guns despite their assumed disdain for owning such weapons and their public persona of being against the personal ownership of guns.

Here is a better example.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 14:43
I have tried to stay away from this thread as over time it has become clear that the arguments of the anti gun control crowd have become ridiculous, even by obviously otherwise intelligent people.

Brian
Did ban in UK start with ban, or did it start with control? Just asking. I don't know.

BTW:Brian I stayed away from this thread for just the same reason, but on the other side of the coin

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:43
scott-atkinson said:
Control of weapons would work if you ensured that the undesirable elements in society, you know the Murderous Tendancy ones, cannot get hold of a weapon

Brianwarnock said:

You CAN'T ensure that the undesirable elements can't get a gun since those are the elements that thumb their noses at ANY laws standing their way. If someone wants a gun, they steal one from someone who legally has one. Using knives, lead pipes, or baseball bats on sleeping individuals whose household security isn't 100% impervious.

Therefore, one way to control the Murderous Tendency cases and prevent them from getting a gun illegally is to ban ALL guns and confiscate them so that none are exposed to theft. THAT is how 'control' becomes 'ban' in a heartbeat.

There are other ways to prevent these undesirables from getting guns. You COULD just start looking at folks to decide if they are undesirables and then lock them up on concentration camps or just outright kill them BEFORE they graduate to stealing guns. Of course, if you have an original thought that conflicts with current government policy, YOU become an undesirable. Hope you have that gun as a deterrent.

Seems to me that when Hitler ordered all privately held guns to be confiscated, it was because he didn't want people shooting back at the cops or military trying to arrest the non-Aryans. Which led to some pretty serious government atrocities because nobody was able to resist effectively when the folks that Hitler didn't desire got sent to concentration camps or death camps.

That actually happened starting a little over 75 years ago. Those who refuse to understand history are doomed to repeat it.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Some levity...

Attachments

• 5D30CEAD-60A3-421F-8A32-628087234766.jpeg
    5D30CEAD-60A3-421F-8A32-628087234766.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 184

Mark_

Local time
@ NG, down side is there are those who won't understand the reference. Of course for myself, Pink Floyd Dry isn't as good... :)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:43
@NG
Dial the combination, open the priest hole
And if I'm in I'll tell you (what's behind the wall)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Did ban in UK start with ban, or did it start with control? Just asking. I don't know.

BTW:Brian I stayed away from this thread for just the same reason, but on the other side of the coin

Since no one has come forward with an answer to my ban/control question is probably a good bet control came first. So my next question are stun guns banded in UK? Just asking, I don't know. https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/m...mendment-stun-gun-court/2018/04/17/id/854984/

Mark_

Local time
The answer is simple... Those who do not believe they will be directly affected have no issues with taking the liberties of others so that they themselves may feel more secure. If you are not directly affected by a ban on, say, personal helicopters and you hear about people getting killed by helicopter crashes, you'd be easily influenced to go along with strict regulation and banning of non-government owned helicopters.

Now replace "Helicopter" with most any other item. If you are told they kill people and that only the government should have them, you go along with restrictions or bans so long as they do not impact you personally.

Evil people have understood this for a very long time. It IS how mass murderers come to power. One of the least stable did so after being put in charge of the agenda's for party meetings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom