VBA, I desperately need help. (1 Viewer)

Dangerous

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:15
I've also found a better way to deal with the problem I had trying to automate the process of copying data from one field to another on data entry.

Perhaps you would like to share your "better way" with the rest of us. That's sort of what the forum is about/encourages. We can all learn.

You probably know it already https://accessworld-accessworld.netdna-ssl.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif but what I was trying to do was display 2 of more fields (using a 'lookup box' from a relational table on the same form as all the data from the main table. It would only pick one field. I though I would have to have 2 or more fields in the main table but didn't work & I couldn't combine them . Found that I could add the same field 2 or more times on the form & bind each to a different field in the relational table. Works fine (probably a better way still lol).

Dangerous

Registered User.
Local time
All the info said it needed so many settings changed to hide things but none were secure in 2007.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
EDIT:
You seem to be posting multiple answers and flitting from one subject to another.
Suggest you take one thing at a time rather than try to build Rome in a day

Reply to post #20:
That's only an example of a main menu screen to prove a point.
You can of course show the built in navigation buttons at the bottom of a form (or provide your own).

The screenshot was just to show that you can hide everything you don't want users to access using suitable code.
It is true that there are other databases such as SQL Server that are more secure than Access but you can lock Access down so it is very difficult for all but the most determined hackers to break into

The camera button opens a miniature form showing that student's photo. The images are stored as external files & the path is stored in Access linked to the student ID

The code I use is fairly old and there are now other ways of doing this:
The MS site has many examples you can lift
Have a look at some of the MS example databases such as Northwind & Contacts

In response to post #22
Believe me when I say you CAN lock down databases verty securely with a bit of effort.
In fact I created several security challenges on this forum which very few people have managed to solve

I've no idea what your answer in post #21 means

Last edited:

Dangerous

Registered User.
Local time
I found it difficult to explain the problem & solution in post 21.

Not actually flitting from one thing to another. I have spend days trying (and failing) to do the things I've asked about. Joining this forum was a last resort before giving up and doing without some of the functionality I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom