Repeated rebuild of right-click menu throws error (1 Viewer)

Petr Danes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:05
Let me look around - I'm an awful packrat, and rarely throw out anything that has the slightest chance of being useful. It's probably here somewhere, and I think I copied it onto one of my servers back then as well.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 03:05
Thanks in advance. It would be great if you can find it.
I have the same outlook which partly explains why I have VMs with every version of Access starting with v1.0.
However I'm moving in a few weeks so am having to throw out a lot of hunk as well.

Petr Danes

Registered User.
Local time
No luck yet. I went through my music CD collection, because they were in there for a while, but it's all music now. All the tech CDs are somewhere else, and I don't know where right now, since I almost never use them any more. But I'm sure I didn't throw them out, and I live alone, so they must be here somewhere. I'll keep digging, and look at my old FTP server at work tomorrow - I think I recorded them all on there. Might be a safer bet than a 20-rear-old CD-ROM, if I can get it started. It's an ancient Linux server, running SUSE, and it always takes a bit fiddling to get it running, since I do it so rarely.

And I found out why my menus were disappearing - there is a Temporary flag in the Add method, which I had set. Rereading the Developer's Handbook turned that up. I had just copied that line and not paid attention to what I actually had coded in it. Changed that flag to false and my RC menus stay put.

Petr Danes

Registered User.
Local time
Still no luck finding the CDs, but I'm at work and have gotten my old FTP server started. The CD images are all there, but it's an ancient SUSE configuration, with something screwed in the root user, so I can't login as that, even though I was able to reset the root password and thereby get access to the root stuff from my user account.

I haven't been able to get it to talk to the network (wants an installation CD), and it hasn't recognized the USB stick I inserted. So, the stuff is there but I'm currently stuck trying to get it off the system.

I thought maybe I could send it directly from the server, but I haven't been able to get it to recognize or connect to the network, even though it was already set up for DHCP in the past.

If you happen to know anything about SUSE, I'd be happy to hear ideas. I can't even take the disk out and put it into another machine - it's a 4-disk RAID.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 03:05
Sorry know nothing about SUSE as I've never used Linux.
Suggest we continue this side discussion by PM or better still by email.
If you're happy with that please contact me using the link in my signature line.
Thanks

Petr Danes

Registered User.
Local time
Yea, probably better. I'll keep this thread for the RC menu stuff, and let you know about the CDs offline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom