Happy Holidays one and all! (1 Viewer)

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Yesterday, 18:14
Happy holidays! I hope each and every one of you may enjoy the holidays as much as I expect to!

Reactions: Rx_

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Happy holidays to all!!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:14
Here's hoping that Papa Noel visits each and every one of you. May the bonfires light his way to your house, apartment, trailer, or shack. May your meal be filling. May your family visits be fulfilling. And best of all, unless you are a true glutton, may your computer stay in stand-by all day Monday.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:14
Happy Christmas All !

Some of us are still at work, but gradually it's becoming more like the Marie Celeste as more people take some days off to extend the Holiday Break. Bit like the forum. :)

Looking forwards to lots of food, a tipple or two, and time with friends and family.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 21:14
Concur with the title...where I'm from we still say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, but I ain't there so I guess I'll board the PC train and wish everyone Happy Holidays.Buon Natale!

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Sadly I'm working over the Festive Period, but I will still find time to gorge on some Turkey and drink some wine...

Merry Christmas one and all and a Happy New Year...

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:14
Yes, Merry Christmas to Christians, and a happy Yule to all us heathen! :)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
May all your tables be normalized, Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Have a great holidays everyone.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Have a wonderful break wherever you are and don't worry if you overdo it.
You can always run a compact & repair on yourself after Xmas :D

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I don't understand the PC fuss about Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas. Is Christmas a holiday? YES! So isn't that inclusive there as well? It just includes well wishes to EVERYONE, regardless of what they celebrate during the season. People getting offended over someone giving them well wishes is stupid. The same goes for people who get offended when someone says Merry Christmas to someone who doesn't celebrate it. Cherish well wishes from others without getting bent out of shape...

Happy Holidays everyone! (See, it even includes New Years!)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Even with my known atheist leanings, I enjoy Christmas. After all, that is the name of the holiday. In discussions, I am told that even among Christians, this holiday means different things to different people.

Therefore, in an attempt to be ecumenical about it, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and (if you happen to celebrate this one) Glorious Saturnalia!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Isn’t that what you get by leaving protein based foods out too long....?

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Yesterday, 19:14
It is a good Christmas. I survived surgery, released to home last night. Did an inventory and all my important parts were still attached and working. No need to ask for more.

My stock broker had left a message for me to sell all my stock holdings for a listed bakery. His fellow brokers heard rumors that this December most of their bread production was Stollen.

Couldn't pass up that pun. Merry Christmas and a Better New Year to all.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Rx, GREAT to hear your surgery went reasonably well. I can't say my last surgery had the same results because one important part was no longer there. But you can survive OK without a gall bladder as long as you watch what you eat and take your meds.

I just got back from a typical Cajun Christmas Eve celebration. Folks who live along the Mississippi River put up bonfires and light them to guide Papa Noel to their houses along the bayous. The little kids stare in wonder at the fire and think of how it must look from overhead - from the sleigh-level viewpoint. And of course, the guys use it as an excuse to stand around a big fire outdoors and drink beer and tell stories of their exploits of the past year. And the women use it as a gab-fest to show off new babies, new husbands, new boyfriends (though usually not husbands and boyfriends at the same time.) So.. what's not to like?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Glad to hear your doing well, RX. Welcome home!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Merry Christmas to all. Our "empty" nest was "full" for Christmas. Had to bribe the kids to come. :D May next year be better.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Concur with the title...where I'm from we still say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, but I ain't there so I guess I'll board the PC train and wish everyone Happy Holidays.Buon Natale!

I didn't do it for 'Political correctness', more for "OK, don't wanna list all the holidays". Think of it as "Holiday greeting optimization". It replaces a rather lengthy
Code:
Case Select
with a simple function call. :D:D:D:D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Thank god the most boring time of the year is nearly over. I see they're trying to bring religion into it now, it was a sensible pagan festival.

I'm sick of people feigning friendliness and I'm sick and tired of those stupid adverts on the telly saying send money monthly to save some hopeless case somewhere.
Who gives a toss about foreigners? We've got enough problems in the UK, no bugger gives us money for free.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ah, Col, you are still with us I see.

I won't feign friendliness. We know that you are set in your ways. Still, it is good to know that you are still alive and kicking. Especially the kicking.

I hear you. We have our problem with immigrants wanting a hand out. For the ones who are ready to work, I'll help them find work. For the ones whose hands are out to be filled with coin,... not so interested.

I should add that I give a toss about everybody, foreigners included, but I ALSO give a toss about spreading my extra charitable resources around so thing that they wouldn't buy a used toothpick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom