i-Phone apps - free or otherwise (2 Viewers)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 18:26
I've just upgraded to an Apple i-phone, it seems pretty good.

Any thoughts on what apps to download? - preferably free, or cheap.

I've downloaded the free app called "nearest" as I'm off to France and Spain next week on the motorbike, and will need to find hotels / restaurants etc.

I like games, but prefer brain teaser types or arcade rather than shooting or killing games.

Col

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 14:26
Not sure if it exists for the Iphone, but Windows Mobile has a default Teeter game on HTC phones that takes advantage of the tilting g-sensor. It's basically a labyrinth type game where you steer a ball into a goal while avoiding holes and obstacles by tilting the phone in the direction you want the ball to go. It was highly addictive until I finally finished it. I'm sure there must be something similar for the Iphone since it has similar g-sensor hardware.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Not sure if it exists for the Iphone, but Windows Mobile has a default Teeter game on HTC phones that takes advantage of the tilting g-sensor. It's basically a labyrinth type game where you steer a ball into a goal while avoiding holes and obstacles by tilting the phone in the direction you want the ball to go. It was highly addictive until I finally finished it. I'm sure there must be something similar for the Iphone since it has similar g-sensor hardware.

I think there is - I recall my nephew had something like it on his i-phone, when I saw him in March. I'll check it out.

Thanks

Col

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
I think there's at least a couple of apps around that allow you to set your Sky+ recording remotely - great when you're on hol and you realise you've forgotten to record something. Having neither Sky+ or iPhone I can't comment on the quality of the app but I like the concept.

Chris

Yarp

Registered User.
Local time
skobbler Lite is a free turn-by-turn GPS navigation tool. It downloads the journey map when you start each trip, so beware data download costs, especially abroad. The maps are taken from a user updated wiki style map that you are encouraged to update if you find errors (OpenStreetMap).

I have not used it very much as only had a short time, but it does seem to do the necessary and does re-route, although not as quick as the Tomtom by partner has.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
A good game is Angry Birds. You fire them out of a catapult and destroy a structure to gain points. Good fun.

Col - what apps have you downloaded since you first posted this question?

Dave

Vassago

Local time
Angry Birds is amazing and addicting.

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
im liking plants vs zombies too

course i like those defense type games....

Vassago

Local time
I'm stuck on level 5-17 at the moment. :D

But are you going for 3 stars on every level? I don't move on to the next one until I either have 3 stars or become too frustrated and just move on.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
A good game is Angry Birds. You fire them out of a catapult and destroy a structure to gain points. Good fun.

Col - what apps have you downloaded since you first posted this question?

Dave

Just browsing the Forum and came across this and noticed Col has been banned, don't know when or why but that answers the question as to why he has not been on for a while, so Dave he is not going to answer your question.

Brian

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 11:26
Cols profile says his last activity was 9/11, his last post seems to have been 7/7

He must have said something explosive.

chrism_cfu

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:26
dropbox! the best way to share your files across all yous devices!

leoncross52

Local time
Yes, dropbox is a cool app, I also use it. Other things are good like iTeleport, Whatsupp or Viber. By the way I am also developing an app for iOS (sg. like the following one: ozeki-voip-sip-sdk/p_457). There are many great apps for iOS devices.

sbrookes

Local time
I like Dropbox and Viber too! But, you might want to try these iOS apps as well:
1. ReMINEd - a visual wishlist reminder application
2. IDBuddy - a 24/7 ID manager application
3. CarCrazee - a car photo sharing application

-- Just trying to help! :) Feel free to ask me if you have questions... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom