Document could not be registered / Could not open Macro storage (1 Viewer)

leo.clifton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:23
Hello

I have a VBA program which is stored in an Access database. The program creates letters using Word template documents as well as new Excel sheets. When one of the users in my team undertakes this process she is unable to create the files (although she could before). The following error message occurs initially for the word documents:

"The document could not be registered word 2010. It will not be possible to create links from other documents to the document"

When I enter debug and attempt to run the code again the file opens but subroutine halts again and I get a different message:

"Could not open Macro storage"

The line of code which is identified for both errors is:

Code:
Set wdDoc = wdApp.Documents.Open(TemplateLocation)

Where wdDoc is the a Word.Document, wdApp is a Word.Application and TemplateLocation is the path for the template

I have already checked the following:

- 'Trust access to the VBA project object model' in the Trust centre is ticked and Macro Security is set to none.
- DCOM Server Process Launcher is set to automatic in Services (Local)

Would appreciate any input here?

leo.clifton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:23
This problem has been recurring for a long time but this morning when we tried to replicate the symptoms for the benefit of our IM&T department it did not occur (typically). I cannot explain what the change is as I haven't adjusted anything other than the two solutions mentioned above which yielded no results originally. I have a feeling it may be to do with changing the Macro settings as detailed above and the user then logging out and back in after the weekend so this may be worth attempting for those experiencing similar problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom