JavaScript for Adobe DC (2 Viewers)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 16:46
Greetings AWF, I have spent the last 2 hours trying to find an AWF equivalent for Adobe Pro, specifically the use of JavaScript.

Does anyone know of a site I can visit to perhaps get me kick-started?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I have but the questions are very basic and I can’t seem to get exactly what I’m looking for and becuase I’m in a bit of a hurry, I do not want to take the time to crawl before I run.

I have a form that I want to do complex calculations and I have made a little progress by Easter egging but my frustration (and my blood pressure!) is growing...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:46
Hi. I am not saying I know the answer, but if you could give us examples of your JavaScript questions, I or someone might be able to offer a suggestion or two.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Well DBG, that is music to my ears (eyes) and even if you can't assist, talking about it won't set me back...

Have a look at the graphic. The Purchase Instrument column is a drop drop- combo box with the following options; Company Check, Company Debit Card, Company Credit Card and Personal Expense.

You will also notice that there are total fields for each of these options. Although I am sure you already know where this is going, I will say it anyway. When a user makes a selection in that field, I would like whatever value that is in the Amount field to be appended to the corresponding total field.

Thanks for your time...

https://access-programmers.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73773&stc=1&d=1549312127

Clear as mud?

Attachments

• ExpenseReport.PNG
    ExpenseReport.PNG
    19.8 KB · Views: 140

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:46
Hi. Thanks for the detailed explanation. In my initial search, I came to this first result. I'll keep looking.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Wow...that is pretty close and I am embarrassed that not only did you find it, but that you found it so quickly. I actually pride myself on my ability to drill-down my searches. Apparently I have more to learn...

Thanks again, I am going to apply some of those instructions to see what shakes loose.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Thanks again. I've made some progress but not quite where I need to be. The IF statements I am using aren't quite working and I need to find a way to re-query. Answer is out there and I WILL find it. Just didn't think it would be this hard!

Thanks again, I am going to bed and fight this fight tomorrow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom