Are games a fun source of Information? (1 Viewer)

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Today, 10:47
at least you retain that thanks he gave you on your EVE post ;)

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Very sad to hear :( Hope his family is managing okay 2 years after.

Isn't it weird how people be it virtual or physical make such a big impact that we remember them. (Not close relations but on games and so forth).

I have a friend on social media who I met through my World of Warcraft days (she was my guild leader and a good one at that.) and every time I see her on social media it takes me back to the days when I used to play and I reminisce in these memories with a smile planted firmly on my face.

Friendship is a powerful thing indeed. Especially through the form of gaming.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 06:47
They probably are.

I've got all sorts of things I want to say, but they're political and therefore not for this thread; instead I'll just say that one of the absolute best friends I've ever met was made through gaming. He was my guildleader in EverQuest, and to this day, 17 years later, we remain in constant touch, even with me back in Michigan and him in Hong Kong. Never have met face-to-face, though. Just lots of ICQ conversations about our respective plans to conquer the world.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
They probably are.

I've got all sorts of things I want to say, but they're political and therefore not for this thread; instead I'll just say that one of the absolute best friends I've ever met was made through gaming. He was my guildleader in EverQuest, and to this day, 17 years later, we remain in constant touch, even with me back in Michigan and him in Hong Kong. Never have met face-to-face, though. Just lots of ICQ conversations about our respective plans to conquer the world.

Isn't it astonishing how friendships can be so strong without ever seeing that person face to face. It truly does astonish me.

My Uncle met his wife (7 Years married this year) on World of Warcraft. (Went on it Monday, My has it changed).

They met through their guild and had constant chats (yadayada) and end game, they live on a farm in Scotland together with 2 little girls :).

Lovely to hear those kinds of stories :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom