What on earth have I done! (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:11
Hi all, not having a god day today :(

I decided that I wanted to write my payroll data to a temporary file first, so that any amendments could be made and then copy to final payroll file that would never get amended.

So I decided to put in a combo box with two options and change the record source accordingly.

Attached is a db that I exported the forms and tables to.
Basically it worked once and then no matter what I selected, I got a blank table. I even changed the record source in properties to "tblEmployee" which has no matching fields and it did not complain?

I then created a test form and that works?
Obviously I can recreate the form, fortunately there is not much on it, or code behind it, but what have I done to get in this situation?, so that I do not do this again?

I have tried a compact and repair, with no luck.

TIA

Attachments

• Help.accdb
    884 KB · Views: 44

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
The form's "Data Entry" property has been set to "Yes". This mean the form is now only for new data entry i.e. a blank form. Set it to "No" and you will see many records.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:11
stopher's correct, of course! Only 'The Boys of Redmond' could have a property named Data Entry that doesn't need to be set to Yes...in order to 'enter data!' :rolleyes:

Linq ;0)>

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
The form's "Data Entry" property has been set to "Yes". This mean the form is now only for new data entry i.e. a blank form. Set it to "No" and you will see many records.

Stopher,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.!
I tried comparing one form against the other and did not even realise I had changed that property.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
stopher's correct, of course! Only 'The Boys of Redmond' could have a property named Data Entry that doesn't need to be set to Yes...in order to 'enter data!' :rolleyes:

Linq ;0)>

Well it caught me out :) and I wasted a good hour or so trying to get to the bottom of it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom