Boston vs Yankees in UK? (1 Viewer)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:25
I'm curious to know who in the UK is tuned in or at this game and what the reception of those people would be. I imagine there's a lot of "what the heck are they doing that for?" type of comments or falling asleep in front of the tube (game pace probably seems very slow). I'm watching at about 3 PM local time (5 hours behind?) and can hardly believe that the stadium is packed - maybe just out of curiosity?

Of course, there is always room here for comments from those who are neither there or watching in tv.:D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:25
Probably right, Micron. Baseball is a fun sport if you are playing it but watching it is fairly boring.

On the other hand, my FAVORITE thing to watch on rainy Sunday afternoons is ... GOLF.

First, everyone speaks in hushed tones as if the golfer could hear them from 200 feet away in an outdoor setting.

Most of the time, the open microphones are picking up birds and other sounds of nature.

Then, the fans always give a polite brief "golf clap" and save the raucous cheering for the really good shots.

AND if there was a really good shot they replay it from four different angles.

AND better still, they often televise the game with limited commercials so as not to disturb the viewers.

It's the PERFECT sport for that rainy-Sunday nap.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:25
So when do we get a cricket series (yawn!) in the U.S. - maybe in W.D.C.?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:25
Probably right, Micron. Baseball is a fun sport if you are playing it but watching it is fairly boring.
TG for fast forward on remote. I usually record then skip the fluff and commercials. When pitcher obviously came without his arm I ff through that too.

Now golf is hard to watch. Only serves to remind me of how much I suck at it.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 05:25
Micron,

Try playing it with an M-79. Hole in one every time, but the grounds crew will hate you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom