nav4all - GPS (1 Viewer)

D

dreadlockmen

Hey guys, i have a general querry about getting a navigation system on my mobile phone.
Recently i came across nav4all - a GPS naviagation for mboile phones. It is compatible with most mobile phones and has a world-wide coverage. However i am mostly worried about the quality of the product. Most of my friends are using tomtom, but it is expensive for me.
Do you have any experience with mobile navigation systems, GPS and especially nav4all. All opinions will be appreciated, thanks :)

Last edited:
T

Tar

I downloaded this nav4all software and it really seems quite allright. I tried it with my old GPS receiver on a w810i and it works all right.. Still don't know how reliable it is but it seems that they work with navteq which means reliable :)

aston

Local time
Today, 11:54
I used the program couple of months ago ,as i needed something cheep to use for a short time while i was travelling in Europe..I had not used such software before ,but it was quite user friendly and easy to use. The maps are loaded by region,city or a group of regions if they've preselected.The problem rises when you try to get to where your going if your start and finish are not contained in one of these regions.You can't get door to door directions, which was rediculous ...I guess u can use it if you need it for main road and highways though..

D

dreadlockmen

nav4all

yeah I checked out the programme myself and it's pretty simple and the good thing is that it does not download unwanted maps, which means that i'm not stuck with unwanted traffic for maps i'm nog gonna use... The bad thing is that the maps are only 2D and are not as fancy as those of tomtom, but i hoope they'll improve the quality after the programme gets paid; or at least i hope so...

T

Tar

What do you mean, man? Are TomTom's maps 3d? i would be quite surprised if they are ;)

S

sandon

it works pretty well

I also found out about nav4all, I am using it now for two months and it is really good. Does it also work well in Asia, cause I am going there on holiday. Has somebody experience with nav4all in asia? thanx.

aston

Local time
it should have coverage in Asia ,as far as i know it works everywhere ..i know for sure for Europe and Latin America ,as i have tried it there and i know ..actually i even noticed some improvements in the Paris map -some new streets appeared which was quite funny ..i guess they are improving the satelite transmition ,which is a good sign.

aston

Local time
btw a friend of mine just told me that there is a new version of the software available in the website ..u can check it out ..i also will on my next trip ..i hope they improved the graphics of the maps ..
Sandon ,did u find out about the asian maps?

D

dreadlockmen

Well not actually 3D, but they simulate a 3D view.. And there are two things about nav4all... first, the download per MB is not as expensive as many people think and seond, it's up to you to decide how much you want to download.. I mean you live-steram the maps from the i-net and you download only the ones that you need; not a bundle of maps for a whole area. Thus you wouldn't have to pay for maps from the same area that you're not gonna use..

aston

Local time
i don`t know about the TomTom maps ..what do u mean by "simulate 3d" dreadlockman ? :p btw this is a good remark that u can download just the area u need ..i personally never download the whole map -it is too big and most ofe the times i need just a smal region map which greatly reduces the costs..

aston

Local time
well yeah, it is quite expensive for me.For what i need it, nav4all serves me perfectly well ..but tell me guys, have u heard anything about the new montly fees which have to be paid ..I am really concerned that now when the download is not for free the fee will be raised, but i couldn`t find any information about this..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom