Contract phones? (1 Viewer)

Samwhitemen

Local time
Today, 05:11
Well, basically tomorrow morning I'm suppose to be going off with my mother to buy a contract phone; I'm only seventeen so I can't get one on my own back yet. Anyhow there's a few slight problems.
One being I'm strictly not allowed to use her bank account (but I've got my debit card account which I'm allowed to take money in and out)
Is there anyway I can use MY own account but on the forms which my mother is signing she just put's down her signature and my bank details, would that matter?
Help would be really really appreciated, Thanks.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 21:11
I think at 17 you are too young to have a mobile phone. You will probably only use it for happy slapping. Next you will be wanting a TV in your bedroom. Concentrate on your studies and sporting physical activity. If its romantic interest that causes your desire for a mobile phone - again you are too young. Have a cold shower.

RichardP1978

Registered User.
Local time
I dont think it matters where the money comes from on Direct Debits. My wife has a couple of things in her name which I pay for out of my account. As long as the companies get their money they dont care, although if you dont have money in your account and they try to take it, it will be your mum and her credit rating getting the bad news, all you will have is the returned direct debit charge!

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 00:11
Pauldohert said:
I think at 17 you are too young to have a mobile phone. You will probably only use it for happy slapping. Next you will be wanting a TV in your bedroom. Concentrate on your studies and sporting physical activity. If its romantic interest that causes your desire for a mobile phone - again you are too young. Have a cold shower.

Thats funny... True though and good response. Being that it's been over a week now I wonder if he took your advice or if his parents caved in and bought him the phone - :p :p

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
I dont think it matters where the money comes from on Direct Debits.

My girlfriend and I set up our water bill on line to pay direct debit - we got a thank you for our payment. 6 months later we got letters threatening solicitors, fines etc etc for our non payment of bills. I phoned up and spoke to the snottiest women ever who refused to believe that as far as I was concerned we had a DB set up and were paying etc etc. She reiterated the threats and made and no investigation made into why I believed a DD was setup.

My girlfriend had to phone back cos I lost my fuse with them - she has a posher voice than me and they couldn't have been more helpful - apparently despite being informed otherwise - the DD never went thru cos the name on the Bill was mine and the bank account was my girlfriends.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Pauldohert said:
I think at 17 you are too young to have a mobile phone. You will probably only use it for happy slapping.

LMAO :D I just googled "happy slapping"

Damn straight you ain't getting no cell-phone 'til you is at least thirty :mad: :D

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Get a prepaid phone
prob solved

The problem with phones at a young (ish) age is that they become fashion items

I have the most basic of phones probably an antique in phones - no one is going to nick it - you cannot take photo, or play music on it - its just a phone

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I have the most basic of phones probably an antique in phones - no one is going to nick it - you cannot take photo, or play music on it - its just a phone

HERESY! Get a rope!

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Its an antique

Its a Nokia 3410

it rings I answer it - I want to talk to someone I call em

job done

Golfer

Registered User.
Local time
technology isn't always a good thing..... A friend of mine bought an XDA Mini S (windows phone) on contract, after two months it broke down and had to go back for repairs, they eventually sent him a brand new phone as his old one couldn't be fixed - 2 weeks later the old problems started reoccurring. As a result of this the new phone suffered an unfortunate ( and indeed fatal ) high speed collision with his garage wall........... he is now seeking a bog-standard pay as u go phone.

Anybody else out there had similar problems with these phones ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom