Need Help Buying PDA (1 Viewer)

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:23
Hi folks,

Sorry to post this message twice, I thought I should start a new thread since I got no reply.

Basically, I am thinking to buy a PDA, but I am not sure what to buy as I have never owned a PDA before. I need one that can run my Access databases, play dvds, games, access the internet and have a reasonable battery life.

Any advice please,
B

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:23
Bee said:
I need one that can run my Access databases, play dvds, games, access the internet and have a reasonable battery life.

Any advice please,
B

Are you wanting a PDA or a laptop? from what it looks like you are wanting to do you are wanting a laptop. unless they are making itty bitty dvds to play on PDAs now a days.

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
KalelGmoon said:
Are you wanting a PDA or a laptop? from what it looks like you are wanting to do you are wanting a laptop. unless they are making itty bitty dvds to play on PDAs now a days.
I want a PDA. Actually as long as it can record sound and connect to the internet is fine.

I just want some guidance on what brandes are recommended please.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 17:23
I don't know of anything that will run an Access database now, without some third party tools, and even then I don't know that you can use the forms, reports, etc.

You can use VB.Net to create an app that uses either Access as the backend or SQL databases.

I use an HP Hx2415 PocketPC, and love it and I've even created an app for it using EmBedded VB3. But haven't gotten into too much development on it.

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
boblarson said:
I don't know of anything that will run an Access database now, without some third party tools, and even then I don't know that you can use the forms, reports, etc.

You can use VB.Net to create an app that uses either Access as the backend or SQL databases.

I use an HP Hx2415 PocketPC, and love it and I've even created an app for it using EmBedded VB3. But haven't gotten into too much development on it.
cool, I have done more research on this. Now, as far as functionality I only need to be able to get online, possibly record voice, and a calendar to organise myself.

I found that the Palm TX has got some very good reviews. Do palm PDAs run only palm OS or can they run windows too?

Any more suggestions please?
B

Bee

Registered User.
Local time
Bee said:
cool, I have done more research on this. Now, as far as functionality I only need to be able to get online, possibly record voice, and a calendar to organise myself.

I found that the Palm TX has got some very good reviews. Do palm PDAs run only palm OS or can they run windows too?

Any more suggestions please?
B
I wonder if anyone knows if Plam PDAs can run a windows operating system?

martinjward

Registered User.
Local time
I have a HTC TyTN II (also known as a Kaiser and has other names depending on your mible network) - this is phone / PDA running Windows Mobile 6. You can record voice on it, watch films / listen to music as it has mobile windows media player. It also has pocket Word, Excel & Powerpoint (ideal for practicing on the a plane as you do need to get your laptop out). Mobile outlook for mail / calendar. It's 3G so web / mail can be pretty quick.

Its more than I wanted but know I do not know what I did before I had it (always had pretty basic Nokia phones before)

I recomend it whole heartedly (its also quad band so it works anywhere)

zelld

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:23
play dvds? what you probably need is a laptop. one of the latest hp pavillions should do the trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom