parameter as a title? (1 Viewer)

Esjaye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:15
Hello its me again with another stupid question - hopefully this is my last however.

I have a report based on a query - within the query there is a parameter thing to ask them when they want the dates to start and end.

When i put this into a report is there a way to display what they have typed in as their selected date range as a label or text box?

Thanks a million - if i dont have any more stupid questions i just want to say i love you guys!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:15
its easy as putting two unbound textbox to the report.

the Control Source is the Name of the parameter, eg:

for parameter 1
=[Start Date]

for parameter 2
=[End Date]

you can even concatenate them.
say your report title:

On Demand Report
[txtSubTitle]

the Control Source of txtSubTitle is:

="from " & [start date] & " up to " & [end date]

btw, its not stupid if you dont know.

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 10:15
Hello its me again with another stupid question - hopefully this is my last however.

The only stupid question is the one that doesn’t get asked. This forum exists to answer all questions from the basics to the really advanced topics. Ask away without shame or fear of judgement...unless of course you post in The Watercooler. Only the crazy brave and pseudo tough dare venture there!

Esjaye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:15
oh i love you - i knew it was really simple answer i just couldnt for the life of me remember what it was ..... i am blaming a combination of baby brain (despite him being 18 months) and quitting smoking (8 days smoke free)

Thank you soooooo much xx

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:15
Rather than using parameters in the report's query, I would reference form fields. so, every place you have:
[Start Date]
you would replace with
Forms!myform!txtStartDate

That will allow you to validate start and end date before opening the report and it also means that you won't get prompted multiple times for the parameters if you preview the report first and then print it.

GrunleStan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:15
There are no stupid questions... I learn from the issues other people face. So keep asking.

and congrats on the baby (18 months late). Kids are the best before they learn to answer back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom