Show of Hands - Who is bored of talking about Guns and Religion? (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 02:35
As the title of this thread states, and I am sure I am not alone, I am getting increasingly bored of just reading posts about Guns and Religion, lets face it, as much as we debate, argue, chastise, and ridicule each other it is not going to change anybody's mind or change the world... :banghead:

So how about something else....

Now stay with me on this as it may sound a bit radical...

How about we talk about something else.... There it's out there now... :eek:

We could volunteer a theme of the week, and discuss that to death, and then somebody else proposes the theme of the following week... as long as it has nothing to do with Guns or Religion... ;)

When I first joined this forum, this section was really good with lively light hearted debate, yes it got a bit wired sometimes, with anti Americanism, and anti English, but overall it was pretty light hearted and most of the antagonists of the former have moved on to graze elsewhere...

Lets try to get back to that again without the anti part...

What do you think?

amberkei

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:35
What could ever get boring about guns and religion? Those two things are the foundation of American society ;-)

So are you looking for other contentious topics? Like, the death penalty?

scott-atkinson

Local time
What could ever get boring about guns and religion? Those two things are the foundation of American society ;-)

LALALALALALALALA Im Not Listening....BORING... LALALALALALALALA :D

So are you looking for other contentious topics? Like, the death penalty?

We could discuss this, although I do believe that we did this to death (pun intended... ;) :p) a few years ago...

amberkei

Registered User.
Local time
GMOs? Those are kind of my thing :-D

Vaccinations?

Goodness, what are contentious issues that stir up a good debate that *aren't* religion or guns?

Mac v. PC? (But we said no religion...)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
As the title of this thread states, and I am sure I am not alone, I am getting increasingly bored of just reading posts about Guns and Religion, lets face it, as much as we debate, argue, chastise, and ridicule each other it is not going to change anybody's mind or change the world...

I've been saying this for months.

Although obviously to the yanks, guns is religion, and religion is guns.

Anyway, I look forward to a new subject - good luck!

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Nobody has to read a thread that they are bored with.

Brian

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
As far as I know the Americans invented some 'wonderful' catch phrases to show their love of guns. Happiness is a warm gun. Gun control is hitting your target. You can have have my gun when you pry it out of my cold dead hand.

I know that there are several more, but I do not see them as often as I once did. I do not own a gun, but I am not opposed to gun ownership provided the owner go through extensive training.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
IMO if anyone finds a particular thread boring they should just ignore it. We are all different and find different things interesting if you find a topic boring just ignore it

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
It is like tuning into a episode of Coronation Street on the television... even if you have not checked it out for a couple of months it is the same old story over and over and over...

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
Yesterday, 20:35
It is like tuning into a episode of Coronation Street on the television... even if you have not checked it out for a couple of months it is the same old story over and over and over...

It literally is the same story...

I always come here expecting to find something new, but then am turned away by the constant need for posters to discuss highly controversial topics. I believe this makes people think these topics are the only ones people around here want to discuss, so they just leave.

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
Every time there is a tragic event in the USA the people from across the pond start burning up the keyboards. They literally cannot wait for next tragedy to validate their claims. Then turn the tables by saying they are sick of this subject. It appears to be a win win for their argument.

I've noticed that. Seems like a sad way to live. I wonder what is happening psychologically to make someone feel the need to do that? I'm sure anything I suggest would be immediately dismissed, but there has to be something causing it. Some misaligned hatred for the US. I am no staunch USA supporter, and I completely understand why a lot of countries would hate the shit out of us, but I don't understand the UK thing.

My best guess is boredom. Why do internet trolls stir up trouble? They get pleasure out of seeing other people upset, but they really have nothing better to do. Sad indeed.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
It literally is the same story...

I always come here expecting to find something new, but then am turned away by the constant need for posters to discuss highly controversial topics. I believe this makes people think these topics are the only ones people around here want to discuss, so they just leave.

I am confused, isn't it controversial topics that are interesting, or are you like D7A, prefer to preach to the converted?

If you don't like the current topics start a new one.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Every time there is a tragic event in the USA the people from across the pond start burning up the keyboards. They literally cannot wait for next tragedy to validate their claims. Then turn the tables by saying they are sick of this subject. It appears to be a win win for their argument.

This seems typically OTT , Scott , who started this thread, does not leap into action whenever there is a tragic event in the US, agreed that Col has done, but that hardly qualifies for "the people across the pond" .

Brian

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
I am confused, isn't it controversial topics that are interesting, or are you like D7A, prefer to preach to the converted?

If you don't like the current topics start a new one.

Brian

I'm confused at the notion that people are only interested in highly controversial topics. Which is why I don't post here...Which was the point of my previous post.

Agreed about starting a new topic, but if you think people aren't turned away from the watercooler by seeing the list of guns/religion/tragedy posts then I would say you are mistaken.

scott-atkinson

Local time
I'm confused at the notion that people are only interested in highly controversial topics. Which is why I don't post here...Which was the point of my previous post.

Agreed about starting a new topic, but if you think people aren't turned away from the watercooler by seeing the list of guns/religion/tragedy posts then I would say you are mistaken.

Hence the thought that we could actually talk about something else for a change...

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
who starts the threads regarding gun control? You can't have it both ways guys.

I don't know what you mean..

Passing the buck? Did my post somehow imply to you that I wasn't going to start a new topic myself? If so, you are reading through a filter. I simply stated that if he started a new topic I would reply.

Sheesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom