Building the process (1 Viewer)

dmorgan20

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:23
Looking for some advice and hoping this is the best place to ask.

I work on a team where we have over 70 applications spread out in the company, we receive emails to the inbox reporting faults, or problems and our team put these right.

We are now looking to reduce traffic to the inbox by fixing or rebuilding applications but we need to put a process in place to do this.

- An application has to hit X & Y criteria in order for a fix
- Needs to hit A & B in order for it to be rebuilt

Anyone dealt with this sort of process before and what flow did you get to in order to determine if a fix, or rebuild was required?

Cheers

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:23
I've never had need to replace an Access database with another Access one, although I've had a number of mine replaced by web/browser based applications, especially in larger organizations where IT policy is anti-Access.

As to fixes, my criteria is when an issue becomes known, fix it immediately. I charge by the hour and the client sets the priority on any problems to be addressed.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:23
Applications don't wear out but they sometimes outgrow the ability of their designers to implement changing requirements. The requested change should dictate whether you need to start from scratch or can modify the existing code base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom