Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 07-08-2019, 04:04 AM   #1
pmxpo
Newly Registered User

pmxpo is on a distinguished road
MS Access Monthly financial report

Dear All,

I would need some assistance in producing a monthly report from a database.

Please find attached both files (Database and the proposed report).

Thanks in anticipation for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Database_abc.xlsx (151.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: xlsx FAAC Report.xlsx (278.6 KB, 11 views)

pmxpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:21 AM   #2
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,532 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: MS Access Monthly financial report

First (to get it out of the way), we have several headers in the forum. You probably should have posted this under GENERAL or REPORTS. But don't take that as a "knock" on you, because we see this all the time. A moderator will probably move this at some point. We know it happens and it isn't a really big thing - but it CAN affect how quickly you get a more directed response, so it is to your advantage to make new questions under their proper headings.

Second, looking at the "database" spreadsheet, you have some normalization to do. I respectfully suggest you need to do some reading so that you understand the concept of database normalization. I put that phrase in bold because that is the topic you would use on a general web search. If you used this forum's SEARCH feature, you could leave off "database" because this is a database forum. On a general search, though, you need to qualify it because other disciplines use the term "normalization" in other ways.

Other reading that would be useful for you if you aren't familiar with them would include use of the SQL keyword phrases "GROUP BY" and the functions SUM and COUNT.
The_Doc_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:32 AM   #3
pmxpo
Newly Registered User

pmxpo is on a distinguished road
Re: MS Access Monthly financial report

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doc_Man View Post
First (to get it out of the way), we have several headers in the forum. You probably should have posted this under GENERAL or REPORTS. But don't take that as a "knock" on you, because we see this all the time. A moderator will probably move this at some point. We know it happens and it isn't a really big thing - but it CAN affect how quickly you get a more directed response, so it is to your advantage to make new questions under their proper headings.

Second, looking at the "database" spreadsheet, you have some normalization to do. I respectfully suggest you need to do some reading so that you understand the concept of database normalization. I put that phrase in bold because that is the topic you would use on a general web search. If you used this forum's SEARCH feature, you could leave off "database" because this is a database forum. On a general search, though, you need to qualify it because other disciplines use the term "normalization" in other ways.

Other reading that would be useful for you if you aren't familiar with them would include use of the SQL keyword phrases "GROUP BY" and the functions SUM and COUNT.
Thanks for your simplified and vivid response. I am actually new on the platform and I see there is a lot to learn.

Please forgive my curiosity in getting this particular report sorted. I will appreciate some assistance in fixing this report soon.

Regards

pmxpo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: