Browse to file location issues (1 Viewer)

HillTJ

To train a dog, first know more than the dog..
Local time
Today, 10:17
arnelgp, It's the input path that is not captured correctly with the drag/drop. It works every time on "my" PC (except from the desktop) & on another PC did not work @ all. If at all possible, I really wish to retain the flexibility of dragging in any file from any location. I don't understand why it only works perfectly in specific cases. This is driving me ultra mad! I will probably have to reluctantly resort to a browse to the file I wish to copy rather than drag. Not what I wanted but thanks for your help.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:17
you can replace here in this portion of your code:
Code:
InPath = Replace(Me!HyperlinkIN.Hyperlink.Address, "..\Desktop", "C:\Users\" & Environ("Username") & "\Desktop")

Last edited:

HillTJ

Local time
arnelgp, Thanks for the line of code. I tried it but I still do not get the correct path when dragging from the desktop. Works fine in every other instance. When dragging from the desktop I get the filename but not the path. Ultra frustrating! Any other ideas?

HillTJ

Local time
Hi, I've decided to abandon this approach & instead of dragging in a file, I'll browse to the location of the file I wish to archive & put a "preview/print" button on the form so that users can confirm the file is the one they wish to archive. Shame, I don't like to accept a "work around" & really liked the drag/drop technique! Thanks to all whom had a go @ assisting me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom