Quicken Deluxe (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 17:36
I have a huge amount of cash tolls (with receipts) and a few cash income this year. I tried putting them in a cash account but I am doing something wrong, as it deducts the tolls from the income. I just want to have a place to record these transactions and have them show up when I print a report for my accountant. Anybody know how to do this. Everything I google wants to do a cash flow.
Thanks

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:36
I noticed you have yet to receive a reply, hence I am bumping it up the list to see if it gets a few more views

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I would have thought that is what most people want it to do?

I still use XG 2004 so not sure what has changed. This was the last version of Quicken in the IK, before they dumped us.

You could put the amount in the Memo field and make the amount zero.?
I do that for a pension contribution I make, rather than have it come in and go straight out of the account. However you will then not be able to see the amount spent.?

If you want to total the amount spent, then you could just add another income transaction for the total amount to balance the income to the correct figure, though that will inflate your income total?

If you just want a list for your accountant, you could also just use Excel or Google Docs.?

HTH

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 17:36
I would have thought that is what most people want it to do?

I still use XG 2004 so not sure what has changed. This was the last version of Quicken in the IK, before they dumped us.

You could put the amount in the Memo field and make the amount zero.?
I do that for a pension contribution I make, rather than have it come in and go straight out of the account. However you will then not be able to see the amount spent.?

If you want to total the amount spent, then you could just add another income transaction for the total amount to balance the income to the correct figure, though that will inflate your income total?

If you just want a list for your accountant, you could also just use Excel or Google Docs.?

HTH
Thanks for answering. I thought about using Excel and might still do, as I have to keep track of my mileage on my car because I get a deduction for each mile I drive. I also have to tell "Big Brother" where I went. I have found I can do it easier in Excel than in Access. I probably could incorporate tolls into that Excel program. If it were just a few dollars I Wouldn't even bother looking for that deduction, but this year I have close to $100.00 of tolls. BTW: Are there a lot of toll roads in the UK?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I have to keep track of my mileage on my car

If you have an Android phone & a Gmail account then this means you have access to many of Google's free software offerings. One of them is "Google Forms" a form building tool that would allow you to build a form easily for collecting your mileage. You could use this form on your mobile while sat in your car, which is why I mention it...

The form by default saves the data into a Google spreadsheet, and it would be fairly simple to extract the information from the Google spreadsheet into an MS Access database if you wanted to go that way with it.

Here is a 1-minute YouTube Video on how to create your first Google form:- Quick make a simple Google Form

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
If you have an android phone, you can put Excel on it?
Admittedly mine is Android 9, but I use Excel just to keep track of my hours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom