load images from folder into individual cells, autofit & lock (1 Viewer)

pandzio

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:25
Hi

I would love to learn a way to:

1) put my cursor in first empty cell in the specific column (call it the "image" row)

Magic happening:

2) Excel asks me to select the files - I navigate to the right folder and select a group of files

3) Excel pasts them (as links, not pasting as bitmap in the Spreadsheet per se) each one in individual row in the following way (and does this by alphabetic order of the file name):

the first one goes in the cell that was active
the second goes in the cell right below it
and so on witch each file.

4a) each image is being scaled down as to fit within the width of how that column they are in is made by me - so that none of the images exceeded to the neighbouring column(s).
But not being scaled up if they already are way smaller than that width.

4b) the hight of that row gets stretched out to make itself big enough that also the height of the given image is not higher then the cell it is in. If the cell cannot be high enough - the image gets scaled down even more to fit within the cell.

5) The image gets its position locked in the cell - filtering and resorting makes it always stay in that cell (move with it and hide with it).

6) The cell never looses its "minimum height" for that specific image, no matter how you filter and sort. It never gets squished. There is no need to manually adjust the height of each row after playing with the order/filters.

7) Would be nice if same could be done to any column to always make its height not smaller than the text wrapped in it. So that clicking this

option (not sure how is it called in English. "Wrap text" maybe?)
back and forth will always make the row revert to the height that displays all of the text (and the whole unsquished image in the other column).

I'm not sure why, but this often does not work for the text
(Excel expands it on and off, but it expands it only to two lines when while you expand its height down manually you can see the hidden 3rd cell or couple. Not that it is exceeding the limiting height of its cell - this is unavoidable.)
And never for the images (once "squished into un-wrapped one-liner" or resorted, they loose the height of the row that has them.
I guess Excel thinks when there is an image only in a cell, it treats it as it is empty and its autofit height is ZERO to it.

Can Excel be forced somehow to recognize, keep and respect the minimum height of the row based on the text and image content of selected key columns (letting other columns to not bloat the height of these rows when THEY are made to wrap)?

I guess I want to make a cell to behave more like a container with an image, which the cell would try to always fit inside it and not distort it. At least a little more than it is now (it is not at all right now?).
As now whenever I inset an image, scale it down and lock with the cell position - while any filter was on. Than this image goes like crazy when I defilter, or filter anyway else - it stretches as like it was hooked by its top (or bottom?) side to a row way way away, when it shouldn't - it was not outside the cell.

And a BAD FACT: I'm not Excel savvy, VBA is Chinese to me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom