Access Form Flickers When Switching Tabs (1 Viewer)

bomba268

Local time
Today, 05:08
Hi All -

I am really new to Access, so please don't eat me alive. I have a form that is pretty darn basic with almost no code whatsoever. It's based on a single table (plus a few other tables as lookups), and several people will be using it for data entry purposes (side note: I know the single table will drive many here crazy as it's not proper DB design, but it will work fine in this particular situation and be easier for me to deal with right now).

The main form has 3 tabs, and when switching between the tabs, they flicker in the most annoying way. The flicker also happens when the form is originally opened, but it's not quite as severe. When I remove the theme from the tabs and have a transparent background, the flickering goes away, but I don't really care for the way it looks in general, and the tab labels at the top of the tab page got strangely distorted when I removed the theme anyway. I'd really like to keep the theme, but I really need to get the flicker to go away as well. There is nearly no code right now, and the flicker was there before I added the small amount of code that I did (the code is essentially just 2 buttons to switch between the tabs - one called "next" and the other called "previous"

I've tried a variety of things that I've found on different forums, but thus far, nothing works. I need this flickering to stop before I go crazy. Thank you in advance! I've attached a zip file of the database in case anyone is willing to take a look at it. I'm pretty desperate LOL. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• CHDB_ForPosting.zip
    121.7 KB · Views: 160

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 06:08
There are some known flicker issues with older versions of Access. Can you provide version information?

bomba268

Local time
It's a newer version - 2016

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 11:08
When it flickers too much is individual, so it's hard for us to decide, if we look the same when we have nothing to hold it up against.
When you create a new simple form, does that flicker?
If not, I would start from new, adding some controls, test it for flickers, adding some more, tested it again, until you find the culprit one.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:08
Remove the Theme and set your own Background Colors. You can use the same colors as the Theme just stay away from the Themes.

bomba268

Local time
Remove the Theme and set your own Background Colors. You can use the same colors as the Theme just stay away from the Themes.

I've been trying to do this, but every time I set the "use theme" setting for the tabs to No and then go and change the colors of the form, it automatically changes the "use theme" option back to yes. Is there a different way that I should be using to remove the theme that I don't know about?

Please let this be such a simple solution... LOL. I would be forever grateful!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:08
I think you maybe need to set this in the Main database options.
Have a look under
File¬ Options¬ Current Database ¬Use Windowed-themed Controls on Forms

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom