Hello everyone.... (2 Viewers)

Colt45

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:15
...glad to be on these forums. I've hacked around in Access for years without needing VBA, but it seems there's no escaping it.

Having ghosted around and mostly found answers to my questions without needing to post, I've seen this is a good place to come to, so I'm hopeful I'll get over my problems with your help.

Thanks in Advance!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:15
I've hacked around in Access for years without needing VBA, but it seems there's no escaping it.

Glad you have come out of hiding.

New developers are often VBA phobic. It isn't as complex as it first appears and its capabilities are limitless.

Colt45

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:15
Thanks for the encouragement Galaxiom - although I think the limitless possibilities are part of the issue for a newb like me!

It's hard to even frame a question in Help to get a meaningful answer to a specific question unless you already understand the full context of how VBA can be used - and while it sometimes works to extrapolate from a similar example, sometimes inspired guesswork just ain't enough!

Still, I'll head over to the "I really can't make this work...." area of this excellent webiste and start annoying the more knowledgable folks....

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:15
One of the ways I learned VBA way back when I took the plunge, was to subscribe to the threads here that I saw someone ask a question about that I wanted to know the answer to as well. So, that helped immensely and I could get email notification when an answer occurred.

To do that you go into the thread you want and then at the top of the thread above the first post, slightly offset to the right, you should see THREAD TOOLS. Drop that down and select SUBSCRIBE. Make sure you have gone into your options and set the Email option for subscriptions. And there you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom