Web Database Subfiorm/ComboBox issue (1 Viewer)

ibeetb1

Local time
Today, 08:41
I have a single table with 10 columns.
I have tried to create a main form with 3 combo boxes each containing values from 1 of the fields in the single table.
I have created a data sheet form of the single table with the 10 columns
I have created a subform with the source being the data sheet form.
I want when the user clicks the combo boxes that the subform below containing the table w/10 columns will filter/display based on combo box choices

I have done this successfully in the Client version (where I can use VBA) but I am now using the Web Access which is an entirely different animal. Please help. Been on this for two days

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 06:41
You might have a look at this thread. It is a bit dated, and not completely specific to your situation, but it does cover working with combo boxes in an Access web form, including how to pass data from the combo box to other controls, so it may provide some helpful information. Includes a sample database as well.

ibeetb1

Local time
Beetle thanks so much. I will do just that and post back if I get stuck but I should intuitively be able to figure something out from your post.

ibeetb1

Local time
Hi Beetle. If I want to use the Access client but my user does not have access client....can I do that? If so, what is the best path? I am an intermediate user....but I've never developed Access for anyone except myself and would use to generate queries for others

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 06:41
Yes, users who do not have the full version of Access installed can use what is known as the Runtime version. This is (in most cases) a free download that can be installed on a client's machine so they can use an Access database that was created by someone else. You can find more information here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom