In time as a % (1 Viewer)

nickaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:47
Hi Guys

I am back, yes its me the nuisance. I am finding the most simplest thing difficult to do at the moment, and I am sure the answer is easy, but I just cannot see it.

I want to show the In_time results as a percentage from the Count(*) on the In_time Header.

What am I not seeing? I am really sorry to ask but I just cannot seem to see it.

Thank you as always, sorry to ask. I have successfully done 4 reports this morning with no issues so I perplexed why this will not work. :rolleyes:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67277&stc=1&d=1502456225

Attachments

• In time.JPG
    In time.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 142

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:47
looks good syntatically to me. What issue are you having? Error message? Unexpected results? Give us a hint as to what "will not work" means. Which of those 8 data driven fields is wrong?

nickaccess

Registered User.
Local time
looks good syntatically to me. What issue are you having? Error message? Unexpected results? Give us a hint as to what "will not work" means. Which of those 8 data driven fields is wrong?

It is showing the result attached. Even if I do =[bottomcount]/[topcount] I get nothing coming out. Weird, its so simple but its not working.

thank you as always

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67279&stc=1&d=1502456740

Attachments

• In Time 2.JPG
    In Time 2.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 119

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Is In_Time numeric?

Change the box that says

=[In_time]/Count(*)

To just [In_time].

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Ok, so what do you expect the answer to this equation to be:

"in time" / 14?

nickaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, so what do you expect the answer to this equation to be:

"in time" / 14?

Hi

the In_time shows the percentage of applications in time from the total =Count(*) the other box will show "out of date" (the balance of the in time ones) again as a percentage so it should look like this:

In time 9 90.00%
out of date 1 10.00%

Hope that makes sense. In other reports I have just done [bottomcount]/[topcount] and this has worked. Really confused as this one will not work.

Thank you so much for you help as always, everyone is so helpful. :eek:

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Review our posts. I asked you to switch a field to show what was in [In_Time]. You posted that it contains the values "in time" and "out of date".

You wanted to divide those values by COUNT(*). I do not know what you expect to achieve by dividing a string by a number.

nickaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Review our posts. I asked you to switch a field to show what was in [In_Time]. You posted that it contains the values "in time" and "out of date".

You wanted to divide those values by COUNT(*). I do not know what you expect to achieve by dividing a string by a number.

Thank you, will play around, I am sure it is there. Thanks for all of your assistance, it is very much appreciated. Have a great weekend.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom