Question Help converting NorthWind 2013 web based to Desktop version (1 Viewer)

tif

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:58
Thank you GinaWhipp for your reply. I will have to spend some time educating myself on Data Macros. Thank you for the link.

SJS66

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:58
So, here's the problem... the web version has validation geared towards Sharepoint, once the file is converted Sharepoint validation no longer works. I have been able to get the log on form to open first nad then open the main form by double click or clicking the button but there is no validation. That portion would have to written as it does not exist. My suggestion would be to decide how far you want to go with the validation and then do that unless you just want a log on menu and nothing else.

I too have converted the web version of the Services Database to a client version but can't get the login and main forms to open when I open the database. I have downloaded EPAStockroom Converted V2 files but not sure which files to import into the Services Database.

I've also noticed the Reports Center - Customers List works but the Sales Totals for Yearly, Quarterly or Monthly sales reports don't update when invoice data is added.

Have attached the client version of the web Services Database template I created. PS: that's a lot of mouse clicking.

Attachments

• ServicesClientSampleSJS.zip
    830.5 KB · Views: 92

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:58
Hi SJS

To get the Login form to open on opening the Database you need to select File and then Options. See screenshot below:-

open.jpg

Then when a user is selected you need to amend the Macro to Open the Main Form.

SJS66

Registered User.
Local time
Hi SJS
Then when a user is selected you need to amend the Macro to Open the Main Form.

Thanks mike60smart, login screen now comes up at startup. Champion.

However, when you say "amend the Macro", I wouldn't know which macro to amend let alone actually amend it...yet. I am keen to learn though.

If someone could point me in the right direction, that'd be unreal. Cheers.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi SJS

Maybe I'm missing the point but why didn't you just download the desktop version of Northwind?

SJS66

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, I don't really need the login screen, I use the database for my landscaping business, which I'm the only employee.

It would be nice to be able to get the Main form to load on startup, just to save having to open it manually every time.....lazy Aussie I am :D

SJS66

Registered User.
Local time
Hi SJS

Maybe I'm missing the point but why didn't you just download the desktop version of Northwind?

I have, since joining this forum, but in the meantime I'd been using the web based one, which I'd entered all this data in, so I converted it to a desktop version. Good learning exercise for me, but wouldn't want to do that too many times, drive you crazy! I'm kinda keen to learn how to make it work again now.

If I knew what I was doing, I'd probably be able to do a lot of things better, but unfortunately, I don't, but I live to learn. Cheers.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
It would be nice to be able to get the Main form to load on startup, just to save having to open it manually every time.....lazy Aussie I am

Go to File...Options...Current Database...Display Form and enter frmMain or whatever its called

OOPS: I see mike60smart has already said to do that in an earlier reply

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi SJS

I would suggest, rather than try to amend the Template provided by Microsoft, that you actually manually create your Db from scratch.

Te Template you are trying to amend was designed for the web and contains loads of VBA.

SJS66

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, your probably right mike60smart.

Funny you mention it actually. That was my intention to start with then I found the NorthWind template & got side tracked using it. Mind you, I learnt a lot mucking around with it. But, alas, I fear I'm in way over my head with that one. Advice taken. Having mucked around with excel for years I've kinda got a handle on the tables, forms, and even queries to some extent, but macros & VBA, NOOB! The connections thing also throws up some challenges for the old grey matter, but use it of lose it I say.
Cheers.

SJS66

Registered User.
Local time
Hi SJS

I just checked, and I can't seem to find a desktop version of the NorthWind Services template when I search Access online templates. The only one that comes up is the NorthWind 2007 sample database, but it isn't the same as the one I tried to convert. And the one I downloaded from this forum is a Client database, not the Service one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom