Hi Folks (1 Viewer)

AHR-Rob

Local time
Today, 09:41
I am Rob

Based in the UK

I am no program guru AT ALL but I have been using Access since 2002. I built a system that my company is running. (mostly using wizards etc)

I found you guys online as I have a specific problem I need advice with and you look like the fountain of all knowledge.

I am also a snowboard instructor and a martial artist

AHR-Rob

Local time
Thanks hopefully I will be able to contribute as well as get my question answered.

My main strengths lie in user interface/usability rather than programming.

So I can make things user friendly but I need help to make them work :eek:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:41
I feel like I'm the opposite; I'm good at making things work, making them pretty not so much. :p

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I feel like I'm the opposite; I'm good at making things work, making them pretty not so much. :p

I think programmers are generally "Function over Form" people. We get it working , debug, test it on end users, and then if we have time make it look "Vaguely Pretty"
I also think it's a time thing.

When I have to automate reports to look properly corporate it takes at least 10 times longer than a quick and dirty "Here's you list Boss!" report.

AHR-Rob

Local time
It is not so much the reports . I like to design user interfaces that allow a lot of data to be handled simply.

My personal mantras are.

1. The system usability is adapted to the way the users work - wherever possible. Rather than a new system forcing the users to work in a new way.

2. Make it 10 times easier to do the job correctly rather than incorrectly on the system. Any user "workarounds" are a fault of the system not the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom