print multiple copies spec different value each (1 Viewer)

ajimas

Local time
Yesterday, 22:37
Hello everyone..

Im Lost, totally lost. Maybe some 1 can show me the right path and tell its possible or not what im doing now.

etc.:
Simple text:
i have cell A (named "Pallets") and cell B (named "quantity_on_pallet")

so 1st question:

its possible to add extra entry in form if Cell A and Cell B are with values and i need add another value for different numbers like cell C and cell D, ..

Life moment: im working at warehouse/stores and we are using access database to register all the pallets in and out.

So its simple , sometimes suppliers send 5 pallets total of lamps 11.000,
and 3 pallets are with 3000 lamps on it, 1 pallet 800, 1 pallet 1200 lamps on it.

So when i add to my database quantity of lamps : 11000 . and other required info . and created reports for that , l press button than open report view with customised table on it with all the details tooked from main form. but its ok if only equal quantities cames on pallets so i just make x same prints and i have what i need , but sometimes it cames in 5 pallets in different quantities on each, i cant enter the value every time , i want to make something like:

(cell A = pallets. Cell D = quantity_lamps on pallets)
b=Pallets, e= quantity
c= pallets, f= quantity)

so

If A<1, then print 1 copy of report with null values in report text box named Pallet quantity
else if a>1 then print A* times copies with value D linked on each A copy in cell named Pallet quantity (report).
and if B<1 then close report window
else if B>1 then print B* times copies with value E linked on each B copy in cell named Pallet quantity (report)
and if C<1 then close report window
else if C>1 then print C*times copies with value F linked on each C copy in cell named Pallet quantity (report)
then close report window.

so i would like to ask its possible to make this with 1 single click?

Like i got 500 lamps on 2 pallets 300+200 so i just enter data to my A and B cells with 1 and 1 and assign quantities in D and E with 300 and 200 and i get 2 same reports printed with my extra values added 300 and 200 in specified text box in report. and then if 3rd cell is less than 1 so it close report window.?

i hope ive explained . if not then im doomed L(

thank you in advance.

RZ

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:37
Welcome to AWF.

It sounds as if you aren't storing the data correctly in the first place to enable you to make the report you need.

Can you post up a picture of your table design? I would expect you to probably have two tables;

tblReciepts detailing the supplier, received date and a delivery/pallet reference
tblPalletContents linked back to the Receipts table detailing each product line per pallet.

The fact you are referring to Cells make me think you are still using spreadsheet thinking (data stored horizontally), not database thinking (Data stored vertically).

ajimas

Local time
Thank You Minty for a reply.

Please see pictures attached. and ive marked important things to me.

"number 1" : my new table in form what i was mentioned before, where i would like to enter values regarding how many pallets i got and how many lamps on each pallet.

"number 2": my button which create customized report (see another picture report)

"number 3": exact amount lamps we got in total but it not says how many pallets there are .

"number 4": it shows total lamps for order (report view)

"number 5": there i would like to see total quantity on pallet regarding values i added into form "Number 1" as (lamps quantity), but as i mentioned before i would like to see many pages as i entered into form "number 1" as (pallets quantity), but each report keeps all the same data from delivery except "number 5" is different in each printer report if there different values in my form "number 1".

"number 6" - atm im using Printout macro/ and close window . so its works if i got 1 pallet o 1 parcel.

Thank You. p.s. im not VBA guy, all the time im trying to sort it with different solutions, but this time i have no choose.

sadly im not able to put pictures yet....

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
If you zip the pictures you will be able to link them.

ajimas

Local time
If you zip the pictures you will be able to link them.

trying add as attachments
1ret.jpg

ret2.jpg

woohoo its worked :) thank You Minty

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay, It as I suspected. Your first picture has a large number of fields like
Batch Code 1, Qty Iss 1, Qty Coated 1, Qty Rejected 1
Batch Code 2, Qty Iss 2, Qty Coated 2, Qty Rejected 2
Batch Code 3, Qty Iss 3, Qty Coated 3, Qty Rejected 3 etc. etc.

Your data is not normalized, and because of this you are now beginning to struggle.
The same issue you are having with the number of pallets, will also come and bite you with the fields listed above.

Have a read on the link in my signature and also google "Moving from Excel to Access". Uncle Gizmo (Tony) on here has some excellent videos as well.

ajimas

Local time
Dear Minty,

thank You for you help.

But the access database are working in this company for a many years and basically i dont want to change anything, because :

1st im not IT representative - im warehouse guy with some it skills, i can do simple stuff like cobox search or print buttons etc.. :)

2nd all data in there was done for many many years and i m scare to f... up everything :D

so my role in this thing is - to improve my work efficient with simple tasks.

But i think this "pallet" thing its to complicated so im gona leave it as its.

I just googled and find how to show pop - how many pages print, so ill print many as i have pallets and just write with a pen in quantity.

Sorry for your time and thank You anyway.

I think ill come back more often.

regards,
RZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom