Hyperlink truncating in Access 2016 (1 Viewer)

Cedarguy

Access developer wannabe
Local time
Today, 12:11
Hello,

I've built a CRM using Access 2010

I store a hyperlink (from gmail) to retain the email exchanges with clients

Now I have Access 2016 on a new machine

I can still get to an email via the hyperlink using Access 2010 but Access 2016 truncates the hyperlink (the lowest level) thereby getting me to the gmail inbox instead of the specific email

I'm hoping there's a parameter that controls the hyperlink treatment in Access 2016

Would appreciate an insights.

Thanks

ashleedawg

"Here for a good time"
Local time
You could store the field as text instead of hyperlink, and then convert it if/when/how you need it.

I don't use the "hyperlink" data type any more, for a number of reasons that this guy explains well.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 20:11
You could store the field as text instead of hyperlink, and then convert it if/when/how you need it.

I don't use the "hyperlink" data type any more, for a number of reasons that this guy explains well.

The website quoted above belongs to fellow AWF member sonic8.
It has lots of excellent info.

The original version is in German but those unable to speak that, the translated version's web address is http://www.codekabinett.com/index.php?Lang=2

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 15:11
I have spent many of hours on his page, he is a wealth of knowledge on VBA and Class Modules. I hope to meet him in Austria next year at Dev Con.

Cedarguy

Access developer wannabe
Local time
Thank you all; I take it that the ability to use the entire hyperlink (as in 2010) has been reduced in 2016; I was using the hyperlink field thinking that would be the proper way to deal with it.. Anyhow, I'll study the link you shared and try to understand the problem better; thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom