Filter Value in Table Field (If $, then Value) (1 Viewer)

glowinggal

Local time
Today, 08:12
Good morning all!! I am just learning Access and have this in a lab and wasn't sure how to arrive at requested task.

"In Datasheet view, use a filter to assign the value Normal to all records where the Amount is less than $400.00. Assign the value High to all other orders."

Field Priority in the table is a Combo Box, Value List (1) High, (2) Normal, (3) Low

I know it's probably something simple and am overthinking. :banghead:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 11-18-18 at 08.48 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 11-18-18 at 08.48 AM.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 97

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:12
Hi,

How many records are in the table? Is your instructor expecting you to manually make the assignments? For example, in the Amount column, you can click on the dropdown arrow and select Less Than and then enter 400 to filter the table. Then, in the Value column, you'll have to select Normal for all the records, one at a time, to assign them.

Is this what you mean?

Last edited:

glowinggal

Local time
It's only 14 records. Not sure what they want b/c it says "filter" so wondered the same if I was overthinking it lol. I was wondering if she wanted a rule/macro or something since it says "use a filter to assign"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 11-18-18 at 12.15 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 11-18-18 at 12.15 PM.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 95

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yeah, in datasheet view (table or query), you can click on the dropdown arrow (right side of the column header/name) to sort or filter the data. If the homework is to auto-assign a value for certain records based on a criteria, then maybe the intent is for you to create an UPDATE query.

Last edited:

glowinggal

Local time
thanks! off to look at it some more and see what I come up with per your suggestion! Will post back!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hope it works. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom