data entry through the form (1 Viewer)

AccessLastHope

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:38
data entry through the form and
their accumulation in the table d field S (in the background). but first this data is entered into table A, field d and s, I created a query that counts it, but I don’t know how to write data to table D, I can send a file.Sorry for my English: Banghead:

Attachments

• Microsoft Access База данных.accdb
    720 KB · Views: 64

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Databases rarely need the same data stored in multiple tables. So, if that's what you're trying to do, you might want to consider not doing it. Instead, you can use a query to pull the data wherever you need to use it.

AccessLastHope

Registered User.
Local time
How can you share the link in another way? I do not have 10 more messages (((. I need this for statistics for every day, absenteeism, etc. thank

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
How can you share the link in another way? I do not have 10 more messages (((. I need this for statistics for every day, absenteeism, etc. thank
Hi. Sorry but I don't understand your last post. If looking at your db would help explain what you're saying, I will have to wait a while to be able to download it.

AccessLastHope

Registered User.
Local time
I talked about it- "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 3 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 3 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 3 posts." but I realized that this is not a link to your decision. can you share it? it is necessary for daily attendance of students in college

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:38
Hi

Do you want to Sum the values for each Record in Table A ??

AccessLastHope

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Do you want to Sum the values for each Record in Table A ??

Hi, I want the records to be accumulated through the field s in the table a, and the result (points, absenteeism, etc.) for individual records accumulated in table b

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Your Table A looks like this:-

A D S
1 1 1
2 1 1
3 1 4
4 1 8
5 2 7
6 2 5
7 3 15
8 3 16
9 3 750
10 4 150
11 5 15
12 5 15

You do not have a Table B

You have a Table D which looks like this:-

D Sums

Can you give an example of what you expect to see?

Show in an Excel file which should be quite easy.

AccessLastHope

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Your Table A looks like this:-

A D S
1 1 1
2 1 1
3 1 4
4 1 8
5 2 7
6 2 5
7 3 15
8 3 16
9 3 750
10 4 150
11 5 15
12 5 15

You do not have a Table B

You have a Table D which looks like this:-

D Sums

Can you give an example of what you expect to see?

Show in an Excel file which should be quite easy.
table a:
A D S
1 1 1
2 1 1
3 1 4
4 1 8
5 2 7
6 2 5
7 3 15
8 3 16
9 3 750
10 4 150
11 5 15
12 5 15

table d:
D Sum
1 14
2 12
3 781
4 150
5 30
something like this

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

As mentioned previously WHY do you want to put these accumulated values into another table.

It might help if you used actual table names and fields to describe your process instead of using made-up names

AccessLastHope

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

As mentioned previously WHY do you want to put these accumulated values into another table.

It might help if you used actual table names and fields to describe your process instead of using made-up names

1) because it is a value from another entity.
According to the rules for designing a table database, you cannot insert fields of different meaning into one table.
2) because there is a parameterized programming, we develop technology, and then there will be a combination for different subject areas

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Sorry but not following your requirement. I will leave it to those more knowledgeable than me.

AccessLastHope

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Sorry but not following your requirement. I will leave it to those more knowledgeable than me.

As an example I can cite such a situation - we have students, and every day they come to college and they are marked by the record that they were in it. and the table d records the total number of days they have visited.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Would it not be more practical to record the number of days absent from School?

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

We would have to see your actual Relationship Diagram for your Students database in order to make any suggestions.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:38
What mike60smart was trying to tell you is this: Once you have data stored in a table, you do not need it in another table. You can use a query that would manipulate and filter and reformat and compute as needed. Storing the same data in two tables is not only wasteful of space but runs a SERIOUS risk of data between the two tables getting out of alignment or desynchronized.

You want this in another table for reports - but Access reports work PERFECTLY well using queries as their basis.

What you SEEM to be asking is that you want to use Access like a spreadsheet. Which it is not. Copying from table a to table b and using letters as field names makes me believe you are trying to adapt a spreadsheet that has become too difficult to manage. But there is more to Access conversions than just moving data to another table. This might not be the answer you wanted to hear but it IS the truth.

AccessLastHope

Registered User.
Local time
What mike60smart was trying to tell you is this: Once you have data stored in a table, you do not need it in another table. You can use a query that would manipulate and filter and reformat and compute as needed. Storing the same data in two tables is not only wasteful of space but runs a SERIOUS risk of data between the two tables getting out of alignment or desynchronized.

You want this in another table for reports - but Access reports work PERFECTLY well using queries as their basis.

What you SEEM to be asking is that you want to use Access like a spreadsheet. Which it is not. Copying from table a to table b and using letters as field names makes me believe you are trying to adapt a spreadsheet that has become too difficult to manage. But there is more to Access conversions than just moving data to another table. This might not be the answer you wanted to hear but it IS the truth.

thanks for the explanation

AccessLastHope

Registered User.
Local time

The purpose of this accumulation is to create a reference book, and everyday / weekly / monthly informing students / teachers about their progress, etc., I’m just not worried about the full functionality of the reports, could you share some useful articles about them?but I need pre-configured real-time requests

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:38
I don't understand the question: "I need pre-configured real-time requests"

As to articles, you can Google-search (or pick your other favorite web crawler) for:

Database Normalization
ACCESS Action Queries (more specifically, INSERT INTO)

Mike's reluctance to answer - and mine - is that without some better knowledge of your data layout we are likely to give you very bad advice. I am not clear on that layout and from his answers, I would say Mike is confused, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom