Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > The Watercooler

View Poll Results: Which age group do you fall in?
0-9 0 0%
10-19 2 4.35%
20-29 6 13.04%
30-39 4 8.70%
40-49 13 28.26%
50-59 9 19.57%
60-69 7 15.22%
70-79 4 8.70%
80-90 0 0%
Legendary 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #31
dan-cat
Newly Registered User

dan-cat will become famous soon enough
Re: Blue's Age poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinEssex View Post
Actually, I joined a couple of years before that but the site was hacked in 2002 so everything before that was lost.
Didn't you get blamed for that as well? If not I think you should be

Old 11-13-2014, 05:10 AM   #32
BlueIshDan

BlueIshDan is on a distinguished road

No Legendary people. Figured at least one person would grab that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blue's Age Poll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Move (Avoid moving objects game):
BlueIshDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:19 AM   #33
Brianwarnock
Retired

Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIshDan View Post
No Legendary people. Figured at least one person would grab that!
Why? What does it mean?

I do not have Access these days 2015
Brianwarnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #34
themurph2000
Fat, drunk, and stupid

themurph2000 is on a distinguished road

What does any of it mean?

Why are we all here?

Who invented liquid soap and why?

Why is it a pair of panties but only one bra?

Why is there braille on drive-up ATM machines?

Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you have to put your two cents in? Who kept the other penny?

Why does Jim never have a second cup of coffee at home?

"The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they eventually grow up to become."---John Casey, Chuck
themurph2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #35
BlueIshDan

It doesn't mean anything lol.

Blue's Age Poll:

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Old 11-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #36
Brianwarnock
Retired

Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light Brianwarnock is a glorious beacon of light

Some posts are just plain stupid.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:22 AM   #37
BlueIshDan

What makes you say that?

Blue's Age Poll:

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Old 11-24-2014, 07:24 AM   #38
ConnorGiles
Strange Traveller

ConnorGiles is on a distinguished road

I am 18 years of age - Closely coming to 19.

I say that with hesitation - due to people stereotypically thinking of people my age as mindless drunken messes. But my oh my am I the opposite

I do think in some cases knowledge does come with age. But on the whole, Knowledge is for those who seek it.

I seem to be the baby of this forum so far

Please don't treat me like it

Connor Giles

Did my post help?
Then don't hesitate to press the 'Thanks' Button or the Scales to the left!
ConnorGiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #39
Brianwarnock
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorGiles View Post
I do think in some cases knowledge does come with age. But on the whole, Knowledge is for those who seek it.
We should all get more experienced and knowledgeable as we get older, but that does not mean that an older person is necessarily more knowledgeable or experienced than a younger one, we all lead different lives, some do not seek knowledge, some do not have the opportunity to experience different things in life, and we must always remember that in this fast moving world knowledge can quickly become obsolete.

Brian

Old 11-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #40
ConnorGiles
Strange Traveller

Very true Brian, Knowledge can indeed become obsolete (I wouldn't say entirely) , but a very well known phrase "Knowledge is power" is a very strong statement indeed.

But which one will end up on top, I wonder

Connor Giles

Did my post help?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #41
Bladerunner
Newly Registered User

Bladerunner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
I am 18 years of age - Closely coming to 19.

I say that with hesitation - due to people stereotypically thinking of people my age as mindless drunken messes. But my oh my am I the opposite

I seem to be the baby of this forum so far

Please don't treat me like it
By the time I was your age, I was married (still married to her), was in the military, making my (our) own decisions, etc. In your trek towards my age, you will make many mistakes both perceived by others and also by yourself. Back then, we had no internet, TV was just coming on line and the telephone was hooked to the wall. We were raised under a veil of uncertainty especially the cold war and all its nuclear annihilation scenarios. However, through all of that we had fun. We successfully raised children who are upstanding in the community. I was opinionated back then, much like you are now and as you have seen, I have not changed much. As for the drunken masses, I have had my share of next morning headaches and believe that these events were important in my growing up. There were a few rules I lived by which among these were; treat everybody with respect, take no Sh_it from anyone and be the best example for your children you can be' .

I can tell you this, unless you want to become a politician, keep you head high, you are no less or no greater than anyone else, make your decision on the facts that will affect you, your wife (partner) and children, your immediate friends and community members.

Oh, and when you get older try not to get into any Pi..ing contest as I have done in other threads in this forum. At my age, you cannot think fast or smart enough to win anything and it only serves to raise your blood pressure. Rem. Life is short enough as it is. You have to live every day as if it were your last and rem, those days that you are complaining, ranting or feeling sorry for yourself, etc., rarely amount to a 'hill of beans' and are lost forever.

You will do fine. I have no doubt.

Have a great day :>)
Bladerunner
Bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #42
Brianwarnock
Retired

Sorry Connor you lost me with this
Quote:
But which one will end up on top, I wonder
Brian

Old 11-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #43
ConnorGiles
Strange Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianwarnock View Post
Sorry Connor you lost me with this

Brian
Will Knowledge become obsolete or will it become even more powerful

That was my point sorry for the confusion

Connor Giles

Did my post help?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:25 AM   #44
Brianwarnock
Retired

Quote:
Will Knowledge become obsolete or will it become even more powerful

That was my point sorry for the confusion
Ah! Thanks for clearing that up.

Brian

Old 11-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #45
ConnorGiles
Strange Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
By the time I was your age, I was married (still married to her), was in the military, making my (our) own decisions, etc. In your trek towards my age, you will make many mistakes both perceived by others and also by yourself. Back then, we had no internet, TV was just coming on line and the telephone was hooked to the wall. We were raised under a veil of uncertainty especially the cold war and all its nuclear annihilation scenarios. However, through all of that we had fun. We successfully raised children who are upstanding in the community. I was opinionated back then, much like you are now and as you have seen, I have not changed much. As for the drunken masses, I have had my share of next morning headaches and believe that these events were important in my growing up. There were a few rules I lived by which among these were; treat everybody with respect, take no Sh_it from anyone and be the best example for your children you can be' .

I can tell you this, unless you want to become a politician, keep you head high, you are no less or no greater than anyone else, make your decision on the facts that will affect you, your wife (partner) and children, your immediate friends and community members.

Oh, and when you get older try not to get into any Pi..ing contest as I have done in other threads in this forum. At my age, you cannot think fast or smart enough to win anything and it only serves to raise your blood pressure. Rem. Life is short enough as it is. You have to live every day as if it were your last and rem, those days that you are complaining, ranting or feeling sorry for yourself, etc., rarely amount to a 'hill of beans' and are lost forever.

You will do fine. I have no doubt.

That post was inspiring to say the least Bladerunner, and I thank you!

I heard a saying a while back, "Raise your children to be stronger than you ever were."

Still one of the best phrases I have heard to date.

Speak tomorrow and I know you still have a lot to accomplish Bladerunner.

Have a lovely evening.

Connor

Connor Giles

Did my post help?

Tags
age , blue , blueishdan , poll

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: