Do you use any plugin/add in for VBE? (1 Viewer)

deletedT

Local time
Today, 10:07
Yesterday I watched This video by Steve fisher during lunch time which introduced Rubber Duck plugin for VBE.

I was just curious if any of you use some kind of plugins to ease coding in VBE.
Share your experience please.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:07
I use MZ Tools and Smart Indenter. I've heard good things about Rubber Duck; a client uses it, but just for indenting.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:07
MZ Tools. I run an old free version for sorting procedures and adding error handlers.
V-tools for Total Deep Search and Replace.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:07
I used to have MZ Tools and V Tools plus some add-ins from FMS installed on my old computer. I haven't had a chance to install them again since I've upgraded.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I also use MZ Tools, SmartIndenter and VTools on a regular basis.
All highly recommended and the last two are free.
I also have a VBE History addin from Codekabinett - very simple but works well.
I've tried various other commercial addins from FMS and elsewhere and recently installed the free Access Dependency Checker

I've also tried Rubberduck. It repeatedly crashed my test machines and I uninstalled it. It seems to divide opinion.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:07
Yesterday I watched This video by Steve fisher during lunch time which introduced Rubber Duck plugin for VBE.

I was just curious if any of you use some kind of plugins to ease coding in VBE.
Share your experience please.
I couldn't live without MZ-Tools!

I used to use the mossProcBrowser a lot, but most of its functionality is now replicated by the Code Explorer Window of MZ-Tools 8, so I don't use it anymore.

I really like the ideas behind many features of RubberDuckVBA. Unfortunately, it does not work reliably enough for me, yet. - Don't discount it long term based on this comment though. It's in active development and I hope the developers will have the issues I'm experiencing fixed soon.

Despite it being incomplete and having several problems I find myself using my own VBA Navigation History quite a lot.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
What does it do? Couldn't find it at the site.

The link is in the previous post by Phillip Stiefel (sonic8). He is the author of both the Codekabinett site and the VBA Navigation History addin. I agree that its not at all easy to find on the site without that link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom