Dale in Pennsylvania (1 Viewer)

axsprog

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:39
Hello all. My name is Dale I reside in eastern PA. I have been using Access since version 1.0 and developing with Access since 2.0 (Access basic) Former Full-time Employee for Microsoft Corporation as guess what... Initially support engineer for Access, then tech-lead, then Internal Trainer for Microsoft Learns, where I taught the support engineers for Access and VBA how to support the product.

Since 2003 I have been an independent Access/SQL developer and it has provided me well, and afforded me to live in England, and also to develop Project MGMT tools as a contractor in Angola Africa(offshore) for 2 years

I am 58 and have a 2 year old son named Kaiser, we live in an old (early 1800's) stone farm house on 2 acres, and he is my retirement LOL

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Dale. Welcome to the forum.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 06:39
Hello Dale and welcome to AWF! It appears we will be able to learn a thing or two from you...

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome Dale. I have 3 & 1 year old grandkids and they wear me out, and I'm only in charge for short times. Sending energy your way, you'll need it!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:39
Hi, Dale. I've got two local grandkids that kept me active for a while (they are older and more mature now) plus one living three states away.

Here's hoping you don't have to correct us too many times when we say something.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:39
Hi Dale. Welcome. Glad to have you on board. As Doc said hope you can keep us all on the straight and narrow without too much effort. We are all here to learn.
I have 4 grandkids 5, 7,11 and 13.

axsprog

Registered User.
Local time
I remember PBaldy specifically from DB Forums (what ever happened to them? Great site ) we have actually exchanged personal code snippets If PKStormy is here I need to thank him personally for the pop up calendar - I used that last week on a Cement Truck Scheduling app I built in a hurry to mimic SchedulFlow for a concrete company. There are not any active X controls (I'm on Access 365) for embedded sub form calendars - his is great - he should sell it LOL I am on a major push to get an ADP file conversion completed but I will try to contribute as much as I can for the next couple of weeks. Access Forums are the best forums, and so are the people. Here is the scary thing guys (guys means all humans to me so troll me) I have been an independent contractor doing Access applications since leaving Microsoft in 2003, and it is all I have done other than SQL connectivity which is a must , for the last 16 years and it keeps paying the bills. I finished an application for a chevron contractor about 5 years ago. I was working rotational in Angola Africa, offshore, where I wrote a turn-key Construction Management System for a 700 million dollar (yes 700 million) platform construction project, All in Access /SQL and out paced the P7 guys because while I was RAD they sat around in rooms going over textbook SDLC. I love Access , I am passionate about it, and I hope I can help you guys.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:39
Hi Dale
You mentioned PKStormy in your last post. He is a member at AccessForums.net but AFAIK isn't active here at AWF.

Welcome from me also. I look forward to your contributions at this site.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I remember PBaldy specifically from DB Forums (what ever happened to them? Great site )

Was that the one that had to change its name and became MDBMakers? That was a great site (and I thought your user name sounded familiar). The owner decided to let it go. I managed to save a few of JasonM's FAQs and host them at my site.

axsprog

Registered User.
Local time
DBForums was my favorite go to site AT THE TIME - now AW is of course. I wish I had metrics from back then but the number of members , articles, on-line people any given day, posts just crushed every one. I am sure AW has the same amount ,if not more , data and helpful people.

Thanks again guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom