Order Entry system required (1 Viewer)

talkfish

Local time
Today, 00:23
Any idea where a good FREE Order entry database is available online? Would be nice if it was access. Would like it to handle orders customers and products.

Many Thanks

David

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 00:23
Free? lol.
And good? :)

bjsteyn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:23
Hi talkfish

I have written a MS Access Application for Distributors doing rep based sales and delivering to customers. It handles everything a distributor needs: Customers, Orders, Invoicing, Quotes, Price Lists , Stock, Statements, Reporting etc.

It has been used for the last 3 years by Nestle dedicated distributor in my town. The system is also going to be used by the rest of the franchises opening, and has just been put into contract. I am reviving the system with a 2nd version and am planning on licensing it out. As for getting a ms access order system for free. I have spent countless hours on the system and cannot see how any access programmer would make such a system available for free. My system has about 30 tables , 100 queries, 50 forms and 15 modules (That is just a random guess, probably more). I also always prefer it free :) , but when it comes to business a investment is always worth the return.

If you would like me to send you a trial version, then PM me, as am planning on making it available at very low subscription (around $10 per month) to the first few people (With the intention of getting feedback from them. )

Regards
BJ Steyn
Concept Development

Keiath

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:23
Hi talkfish

I have written a MS Access Application for Distributors doing rep based sales and delivering to customers. It handles everything a distributor needs: Customers, Orders, Invoicing, Quotes, Price Lists , Stock, Statements, Reporting etc.

It has been used for the last 3 years by Nestle dedicated distributor in my town. The system is also going to be used by the rest of the franchises opening, and has just been put into contract. I am reviving the system with a 2nd version and am planning on licensing it out. As for getting a ms access order system for free. I have spent countless hours on the system and cannot see how any access programmer would make such a system available for free. My system has about 30 tables , 100 queries, 50 forms and 15 modules (That is just a random guess, probably more). I also always prefer it free :) , but when it comes to business a investment is always worth the return.

If you would like me to send you a trial version, then PM me, as am planning on making it available at very low subscription (around $10 per month) to the first few people (With the intention of getting feedback from them. )

Regards
BJ Steyn
Concept Development

Can you send me this trial version, and would it or you be able to customize it?

bjsteyn

Registered User.
Local time
After counting the objects, the system is about double the size i initially stated.

Keith, yes, i can customize it. But what i am doing with the second version is to make the system versatile so that it can be used by any distributor and not need any customization. I going to put up a support website. If there are any features needed then it can be requested as an update on the support website.

What type of distribution are you doing? And by when do you need the system? Is your business already running or are you planning on starting a new business?

I am planning on completing the second version by the end of February, but i can send you a customized trial copy of the first version. The second version will have allot new features and fixing of a few issues in the first version. Some of the new features will be: Emailing, Scheduled Tasks, More Advanced Credit/Debit System, Stock Conversion, Targets, Creating of own Reports and a Complete Accounting System to name a few.

Here are a few pics of the current system:

Keiath

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:23
Hey cant seem to send a private message on here.....

to answer your questions existing business £4m+ turnover currently using sage to order process, but we are fast growing out o that and the only way forward is a bespoke system

les talk on yahoo or something

bjsteyn

Registered User.
Local time
I am logged in to my yahoo account bjsteyn@yahoo.com. I have never used yahoo chat before. Is it like google talk that you access from your email?

bjsteyn

Registered User.
Local time
I have downloaded and installed yahoo messenger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom