Are You Right? (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 02:12
All the time! However, I suspect for ALL the wrong reasons...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:12
Oh, I'm always right. Or at least my mother always told me that. And she wouldn't lie to me, would she...?

;)

Just kidding. However, there is ONE case where I'm actually ALWAYS right. It is when I say, "I'm not sure."

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:12
I agree with Doc's second point (not sure)!!

It is strange how you/I/we assemble some parameters and "see the right solution", only to be progressively redirected as "facts" evolve and are put into context.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:12
I figure if I am right half the time then I am doing better than most of the batters for baseball teams. Of course right is a lot a times the opinion the person. One person's right is another person's wrong.

I recently completely re-created a report (in Crystal Reports). I had made some some assumptions about the data and how Crystal Reports would handle that data.

Horsehead

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:12
Sometimes i wish i wasn't right, guys. Intuition is a great thing, but sometimes you just need to be experienced enough to guess the result :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:12
There is one time when I am almost ALWAYS right. That time is when someone invites me to bet on a particular sporting event and I decline. Hindsight usually shows that I was right to decline to bet, because my viewpoint would have been costly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom