Un-Agregate a non aggregated chart... (1 Viewer)

MackMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:21
Now I know it sounds stupid... But Access is aggregating a row source I don't want it to...

I have two columns of data in a query one for dates and one for a running balance, but the running balance is aggregated (and I'm getting very aggravated)

The chart has no resemblance of the data I wish it to portray.

balance on the vertical axis, and dates along the bottom.

My row source is simple and shows exactly as I want it to, but the "Transformed row Source I can't change as Access won't let me.

Any ideas?

I can't use excel as I need the chart contained within access.

Row source :
Code:
SELECT qryForecastALL.TransDate, qryForecastALL.BalanceU FROM qryForecastALL WHERE (((qryForecastALL.BudgetHideYN)=False));

Transformed Row Source :
Code:
SELECT Format([TransDate], "DDDDD"), Sum([BalanceU]) AS [SumOfBalanceU] FROM (SELECT qryForecastALL.TransDate, qryForecastALL.BalanceU FROM qryForecastALL WHERE (((qryForecastALL.BudgetHideYN)=False))) GROUP BY Format([TransDate], "DDDDD"), Int([TransDate]) ORDER BY Int([TransDate])

Last edited:

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:21
What kind of chart - bar, line, scatter?

With the first query, try changing the chart setting to 'By Column'.

You can type whatever you want into the RowSource property.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:21
Sum([BalanceU]) AS [SumOfBalanceU]

If you don't want the data to be aggregated, don't aggregate it. Open the query in design view and click the big sigma button to remove the aggregation.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:21
@June7 and @Pat: He is using the new Modern Charts in Access 2016. The property Transformed Row Source is auto-generated by Access and you cannot change it.
My row source is simple and shows exactly as I want it to, but the "Transformed row Source I can't change as Access won't let me.
In the Chart Settings window go to Values (Y axis), click on the field selected, click on the drop down arrow and change the aggregation to "None". - Yes, this is a bit hard to find.

By chance I just published a video showing Modern Charts on YouTube. It's not primarily meant as a tutorial, I rather show some quick samples and assess its merits. Nevertheless, I guess there might be some useful hints spread throughout the demo.

Last edited:

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:21
So this is a 2016 upgrade? I described method that works in 2010. Glad there is a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom