Several months ago I created code to search all database objects for specific text strings and optionally to replace them.
It was easy for table fields, query SQL, form & report controls.
It was also fairly easy for code in form & report modules, standard & class modules.
Having got that far, I decided to look at macros.
It was horribly complicated and took me a long time to do successfully
I also exported each macro as text files.
I then used file scripting to re-import the text into an Access table
However the macro text includes unwanted characters that need to be filtered out before you can run your search.
If I mention tristate value, does that mean anything to you?
The attached text file shows the same macro in its raw state.
Look particularly at the last section to see what I mean about unwanted code
Once that was sorted, I could search the contents (as in the screenshot).
From there it was another significant steep to add functionality to allow find & replace in macro text.
I actually posted a question about this here back in April
I think you will find the thread useful to read
The responses (particularly that by static) were a great help in getting a solution
I can't upload the code as its part of a very large database & it will take several hours to separate that out so it will work independently.
Sorry but I don't have the time for that.
So I'll suggest 4 alternatives in the order I think is most sensible:
a) convert all your macros to VBA procedures - RECOMMENDED
b) download the free V-Tools add-in which also includes a deep SQL search. http://www.skrol29.com/us/vtools.php
This can search macros (using a different method (undocumented wizhook VBA function) but not replace text in macros.
c) You develop your own utility - put aside a month or so for that
d) You pay me for the time it will take me to extract this to run as standalone code! I very much doubt you'll want to do that